Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta
-Peter Stokkebye Cube Cut
-Mac Baren London Burley
-Low Country Natural Virginia&Burley
-Daughters & Ryan Two Timer
-Sutliff Ready Rub match

Honorable mention for the departed McClelland Pressed Burley bulk.

Reactions: Kal and autumnfog
May 2, 2020
Louisiana
I like the old K&K Peterson Irish Flake. I’ve been told it’s currently sold as Rattray’s Stirling Flake.
Also, C&D Old Joe Krantz, C&D Haunted Bookshop, Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic (if a VaBur counts), and C&D Crooner.

I love a lot more than just these, but OP asked for five.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
1. Edgeworth Sliced. Full Stop!

2. Uhle's 00 aged in either old McClelland tins or aged with a McClelland stave cube (my preferred method). I also age Uhle's 00 in jars which previously held other tobaccos, like aromatics or Lakelands, or even English blends. These burley leaves get easily infused with scent from other tobaccos. My all time favorite is to aged it is prior McClelland tins with a stave from Blend 35 and then seal in a mylar bag for 1-2 years.

3. Stonehaven (VaBur)
4. HH Burely Flake vs Aged Burley Flake (tie)
5. Semois (any)

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
1. Edgeworth Sliced. Full Stop!

2. Uhle's 00 aged in either old McClelland tins or aged with a McClelland stave cube (my preferred method). I also age Uhle's 00 in jars which previously held other tobaccos, like aromatics or Lakelands, or even English blends. These burley leaves get easily infused with scent from other tobaccos. My all time favorite is to aged it is prior McClelland tins with a stave from Blend 35 and then seal in a mylar bag for 1-2 years.

3. Stonehaven (VaBur)
4. HH Burely Flake vs Aged Burley Flake (tie)
5. Semois (any)
Good to see you Neal.

I'm not the biggest burley guy but I do have some favorites.

Solani Aged Burley Flake
HH Burley Flake
Golden Extra
Burley London Blend (Golden Extra + Cocoa Puffs, at least to me)
OJK

Jwebb90

Lifer
Feb 17, 2020
Ruse, Bulgaria
I’m thankful for this thread. As I’ve been taking inventory of my cellar I’ve noticed that it is deficient in the burley department. I’m not crazy about DFK but do enjoy a burley more in the codger realm of things. Two that I’ve not had but looking to add based on forum comments are Granger and Sutliff’s Ready Rubbed Match. Carter Hall and Prince Albert are okay but after finishing a pouch of each I’ve had no desire to return.

I’m thankful for this thread. As I’ve been taking inventory of my cellar I’ve noticed that it is deficient in the burley department. I’m not crazy about DFK but do enjoy a burley more in the codger realm of things. Two that I’ve not had but looking to add based on forum comments are Granger and Sutliff’s Ready Rubbed Match. Carter Hall and Prince Albert are okay but after finishing a pouch of each I’ve had no desire to return.
You might really like PS Cube Cut. It is definitely in the codger realm, without being too topped, cased, or crude.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I was gifted some Le Petit Robin LA Brameuse last year and really didn't care for them in a pipe. Being a primarily Virginia/Oriental smoker, I like burley as a component, not the star. Semois makes for an excellent chew though.
and nasal snuff too. Best part is you can just grind it and not add anything else and still get nicotine. Which isn't just down to strength but the ph must be unique too. And yes makes a great chew too.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
and nasal snuff too. Best part is you can just grind it and not add anything else and still get nicotine. Which isn't just down to strength but the ph must be unique too. And yes makes a great chew too.
Try Ennerdale as snuff!❤