PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
Most every forum I am on has thread drift, this forum slightly above average, but thread drift never bothers me. If one tries control chaos one gets frustrated. I just try and enjoy the ride.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
12pups, I don't think I felt left out, more like left in, to explain my lack of tattoos. This is a headstrong crowd and often has something to say about everything, no matter what. To borrow a fine piece of regional speech from Forums member brad, as a group we are contray ... contrary.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
mso: Yup! I am always amazed when a member expects only cogent responses to a post. In keeping with the title, I was known to beat a tattoo on some of the uncivilized with my baton when quelling a bar brawl. If they happened to have a tattoo on the shin or forearm the tattoos might get tattooed.

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
Never felt the need but I did see some that were interesting. One guy in my unit had a lipstick smudge tattooed on the cheek of his butt. I thought that was interesting but not interesting enough to get one.

elbert

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 10, 2015
I used to work with a kid who had a lipstick smudge tattoo on his neck, shaped after the lips of his girlfriend. Oh, sorry...ex-girlfriend...

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
I have 12 or so, and usually get one a year roughly, birthday money, basically my nana buys me tattoos she just does not know it, ha. All of them have a story obviously, but i will share one of the more light hearted ones, on my thigh, it says 'efficiency' and it has a picture of 'a fish in sea' because i love puns, and also into efficiency in a big way.
Isaac

seadogontheland

Oct 4, 2014
I have 9 and one is a Delta over a stylized T, both are black in color.

So the delta is a symbol in science and mathematics signifying change. So Delta for change and the T is for transition...change and transition...one of the constants of life. Mine still looks good after almost 15 years. I try to keep most of them out of the sun since that can damage the color.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
I have one. Got it when I was 35. It is a stylized Mustang logo. I love the car and horses in general and looked at it a full year before I got it. I want more, but the one I want is quite expensive and I would rather buy a commissioned pipe instead.

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
A portrait of my son left shoulder, left this world way to soon, 29 yrs old. 1st daddys day without him.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I have one, obtained on my 50th birthday. My grandparents immigrated from Wales thru Ellis Island. A few years earlier, we found his name on the wall when visiting the island (an amazing place). I decided to put the Red Dragon on my calf, so I wouldn't have any work issues. One of these days, I'll make it to Wales for a visit.

seadogontheland

Oct 4, 2014
Jason...you get that Tat!! What does it loo like? Its a mile to you first tattoo and an inch to the second they say...lol. Not always true but for some it is.
Al. Nice dragon..your artist did good work.

May 4, 2015
I tend to get matching tattoos with people. My right forearm is a half-sleeve of a tree, which my brother and sister both have. I have an old-school Skull and anchor with my brother that he designed. I have "friendship" in Russian that I got with a close friend and fellow linguist. My only non-matching tattoo is a big tarot Hermit on my upper arm. The figure with the staff and lantern that Zeppelin used on IV.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
I have a Black Panther head on my left shoulder and a Dragon with upheld Yin Yang symbol on my upper right back. I've been seriously considering getting another one ... Confident Rabbit smoking his pipe. I'm thinking the left calf would make a good spot.

lostandfound

Sep 30, 2011
If I were to get a tattoo(s), I would maybe get a pair of matching nunchucks on the undersides of my wrists.
I always find it funny when guys get their favorite sports team's logo tattooed. I worked with a guy who had the Nike "swoosh" logo tattooed on his calf. Wish I would have asked about that story...

rayje589

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2012
I have three. One on my left shoulder of the hylian crest (from legend of zelda... before skyward sword). Five black lines around my right forearm. and a stick figure cat holding a sword and gun while wearing sunglasses on my foot (that one hurt the most)

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
We've got a fellow member here (maybe more) who makes a living with ink and art. I wonder if he's got any of the stuff on his body?

I've always had problems with commitment. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.