Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Mar 2, 2021
Alabama USA
Religions that knock on my door! People who ask me if my meerschaums are clay pipes. People who complain about me chewing tobacco, usually on subway platforms. People who break into spontaneous coughing fits when they see me smoking. I could go on but there just isn't enough space and it is Christmas...
When folks say, "mind if I smoke", I reply, "no, mind if I fart". Old Steve Martin joke I think...

Mar 2, 2021
Alabama USA
Can't. We rent, and even if we didn't, my wife would turn my testicles into earrings if I even tried. Besides, I love being outdoors and watching the birds. And having nads (not necessarily in that order).
You actually might need to grow a couple.....LOL!! You already sound emasucated. That said, the sex might be unbelievable.

Dec 11, 2021
Fort Collins, CO
Having the majority of my "adult conversations" come from an online forum for pipe & tobacco enthusiasts. ?
OMG if this isn’t the truth. Got three littles running around. Finally get the kiddos down for the night, head out to the garage, fire up a pipe, and chat with you good folks. Most sane conversation I get all day (don’t know if that’s saying much or not… ). ?

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
People who break into spontaneous coughing fits when they see me smoking.
Oh yeah, there are some people like that, and it's so retarded and artificial that you think they'll cough up a lung from the whisp of smoke that is trailing after me (I only smoke while walking outdoors). Similar to some people who start sneezing the SECOND someone opens a window in public transport.

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Ok…. Here’s one…. Your on the golf course and your buddy gets hit with a falling limb on the 5th hole, and you have to perform an emergency tracheotomy… so I use my pipe stem to keep him alive. I mean, I poured some brandy on it to sterilize it, but still… all you get is, “I can’t get the taste of latakia out of my thoat!” And, then this complaint goes on and on. I mean, can’t he just be grateful to be alive? Some people….

Searock Fan

Lifer
Oct 22, 2021
U.S.A.
Other than then the biggies like Taxes and Brands/Tobaccos disappearing... I have to say it is twigs. I like to fill my bowl quickly and picking out twigs ugh... I am thinking of moving onto flakes coins just because there are no twigs lol.
People are indeed different. Twigs don't bother me at all. As a matter of fact, I kind of enjoy them. I twist them around and place them in the bowl about half way down and they smoke just fine. puffy

Reactions: edger

tzinc

Can't Leave
Mar 24, 2021
Toronto
People are indeed different. Twigs don't bother me at all. As a matter of fact, I kind of enjoy them. I twist them around and place them in the bowl about half way down and they smoke just fine. puffy
I was under the impression that twigs effected the taste negatively.

Epip Oc'Cabot

Can't Leave
Oct 11, 2019
I was under the impression that twigs effected the taste negatively.

“Twigs” never bothered me either. I always figured it just a part of what delivers the nourishment to the main part of the leaf we so enjoy….. so it seems to me (and has always been) just part of the enjoyment of smoking a pipe.