PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jyrreb

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 6, 2019
Hearth & Home’s AJ’s Vaper was the blend that first turned me onto Vapers. I was early in my piping days and only buying bulks to try. I only had a couple of cobs to smoke it out of. This blend was so complex and rich and sweet for me at the time that I was instantly hooked.

I left it in the jar for a few months and came back to it when I had expanded my pipes to include some Bones and basket briars. The tobacco tasted dull in all of them. To this day, that blend tastes and behaves the best in my ol’ cob and it’s the only pipe I will smoke it in.

So, what’s your perfect tobacco and pipe pairing? The one combination that suites your tastes the best?

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
In all your experience, you’ve never found a blend to taste better in a certain size bowl, shape pipe, wall thickness, etc?
I chased that idea for three decades and never found a difference. I started using the analogy of, "Does macaroni and cheese taste any different if eaten from a plate or a bowl?" to explain it to myself.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Charing Cross in Peterson SH Squire.
Balkan Supreme in Peterson POTY 2019 is very close second. I like English/Balkan in Bulldog/Rhodesian.

Reactions: jyrreb

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
This is like asking someone which of their children is their favorite. Every pipe I have smokes somewhat differently but in general it's nothing dramatic in most cases. Somethings really pop in a certain pipe. My Rattrays really love weirdo aromatics. Like Founding Fathers or Erinmore. My Churchwarden has a slight affinity for burleys. And my Vauen gives a little more pop to Va family blends.

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
MacBaren's Vanilla Cream Loose Cut in my Altinok Lee Van Cleef meerschaum. This pipe brings out the vanilla flavor more so then any other pipe I've tried it in. My beloved Pegasus and my new found love, Old Joe Krantz Blue Label go great in a cob.

wilblee

Lurker
Mar 2, 2021
The combo that sticks out for me is Mac Baren Vanilla Roll Cake in a Vauen Auenland Almar. Whenever I smoke this combo the bowl is always over way before I want it to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.