PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

SBC

Lifer
Oct 6, 2021
NE Wisconsin
If I'm basing this on what I've actually historically reached for, when rushing out the door, and not on what I theoretically like best ... then the answer turns out to be MB Vanilla Roll Cake.

It's not my absolute favorite tobacco. But it's always good.

It is hands down the easiest tobacco to load up -- Just stack 3 coins, fold them over into a roll, and stuff it down the pipe.

It always lights and stays lit regardless of care or technique.

And everybody around me always raves about the room note.

It isn't my desert island tobacco ... but it is my can't-think-about-it, rushing-out-the-door tobacco.

Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
If I'm basing this on what I've actually historically reached for, when rushing out the door, and not on what I theoretically like best ... then the answer turns out to be MB Vanilla Roll Cake.

It's not my absolute favorite tobacco. But it's always good.

It is hands down the easiest tobacco to load up -- Just stack 3 coins, fold them over into a roll, and stuff it down the pipe.

It always lights and stays lit regardless of care or technique.

And everybody around me always raves about the room note.

It isn't my desert island tobacco ... but it is my can't-think-about-it, rushing-out-the-door tobacco.

That one was not on my radar at all, but now I'm intrigued!

DanWil84

Lifer
Mar 8, 2021
The Netherlands (Europe)
After you posted the question I have given this a good thought as I generally have time to plan my smokes ahead of time. The tobacco either had enough (weeks or even months) of airing time or enough time to dry outside of the tin/jar. I have examples that are open for almost a year which are now smokeable for me where the first smokes where meh.

I think the tobacco I can pop a tin of and smoke it without a lot of prep time, pack in almost any way and in any pipe is either a mild English like Presbyterian, Red Rapparree & 965 or Mac Barren Golden Blend/Extra. But again, I'm not after a no fuzz smoke, I'm after the perfect one.