PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

seabee1999

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 10, 2019
Norman, OK
I got my first pipe when I was deployed to Kuwait in 2003. A friend purchased it for me for my birthday along with a pouch of Capt Black White. Sadly, I tossed that pipe. At the time I loved cigars and I didn’t know how to care for a pipe. It gurgled too much for me and wasn’t pleasant.

Pipeoff

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 22, 2021
Western New York
Started 65 years ago and was lucky to have a local pipe maker. Came from the House of Fischer Orchard Park, NY. When quality pipes were low in price. Shape was a comfortable Lovat with in house mild blend. Glad I never heard about Pad and Tad.

Reactions: dcon and grimpeur

wilblee

Might Stick Around
Mar 2, 2021
The first pipe I bought and smoked tobacco in was a clay tavern pipe from Colonial Williamsburg. This has to be ‘72-‘73 - back when age restrictions on tobacco use were either non-existent or not strictly enforced.

IMG_1009.jpeg

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
The first pipe I bought and smoked tobacco in was a clay tavern pipe from Colonial Williamsburg. This has to be ‘72-‘73 - back when age restrictions on tobacco use were either non-existent or not strictly enforced.

View attachment 317772
We went there in the early 80s for a class field trip, from florida up the coast to DC, stopping at all the historic spots on the way, back when they wanted kids to know about the history of our country and i remember the tobacconist there .. although we didn't buy anything. lol

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Ah yes, that memorable occasion, you buy your first pipe. I was 18 at the time ( over 55 years ago) . The pipe..a prized five dollar Medico. It was a prized specimen of a pipe. Gorgeous piece of filler with specs of briar in it. I still have the old relic.

View attachment 317722
Oh, my, you nailed it! Here's my first pipe:

IMG_7065.JPG

It looks better in the photo than real life. Not photoshop, just backlighting.

Attachments

• IMG_7065.JPG
    IMG_7065.JPG
    146.8 KB · Views: 2