PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
I'm partial to the Diplomat 5th Ave. Pretty standard Billiardish dimensions. One of the first ones I ever bought (literally my first pipe/tobacco order) included a General. I didn't have any idea how big they are. It's tall and pretty narrow, but I've found it does a wonderful job with VA flakes.

p40warhawk

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2019
I just like the the McArthur! Don't use much, it always makes me want to storm a beach?? :crazy:

medic709

Lurker
Jul 31, 2019
Thanks everyone for the replies! I decided on the Morgan after to keep as a work/truck pipe. I think my next pipe purchase will be a broad of some sort, I have my eye on a few. After that, however, I may go ahead and order a freehand. This is going to get expensive quick hahahah.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I like the special editions, like the Dagner and C&D collaborations with Missouri Meerschaum, for their acrylic stems, which for not so much more money, provides a lasting acrylic stem, eliminating routine replacement of the soft plastic ones or purchasing extra Forever stems. An acrylic stem makes a cob a permanent pipe that will often last for decades or longer, especially in rotation with a lot of other pipes.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
The Prides are my favorite but please observe the 24 pipe rack with nothing but MM Cobs in it. Meers #1, MM Cobs #2 in my book...
uecvRxm.jpg

michiganlover

Can't Leave
May 10, 2014
I have quite a few MM corn cobs, but if I had to choose, my favorite would probably be my naked Morgan. It's a great size, and I like the nice thick walls.
The Country Gentleman would probably be my 2nd favorite.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
The Carolina Gent.
I bought one when it first came out and it's been quite the regular in my rotation. I've gotten a ton of bowls out of it. Just a great compact pipe with a rather spacious chamber to it. Travels great and it clenches really well. The acrylic stem they put on it is really nice. Highly recommend it, especially for a new piper.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My favorites are listed in an earlier post, but I would also say, my favorite is any cob I'm smoking at the time. My wife got me a freehand with a Vulcanite stem (yes MM offers them from time to time). It's a bent "Dublin" conical bowl, very deep, perfect for Tabac-Manil Semois burley variant, and many other blends. As I've said before, I don't have any notions that cobs are too funky or rural. If I were traveling, and had an event, I'd have no compunctions smoking a MM in a suit and tie, or a tux for that matter. 'Looks dapper and youthful in my opinion. By now, the public scarcely knows what a tobacco pipe looks like, and is unlikely to have an opinion on which one you're smoking!

thefishguy

Can't Leave
Jan 17, 2017
I have several favorite MM cobs. It depends on how, what, and where I’m smoking for my choice of cob. Country gent with a short forever vulcanite stem for the car, Charles Towne for the porch, a forever stemmed shire for short smokes while reading, a wizard for longer reading sessions, a dagner for mowing the yard, ....you get the idea. They all become favorites.

trubka2

Lifer
Feb 27, 2019
I love all my MM cobs - the different shapes are good for different things. But the MO Pride (natural finish - no external sanding, none of the stuff they use for smoothing/sealing) is superior to the regular finish cobs in my opinion: smokes cooler and dryer, dries out more quickly, has lots of texture for the hand, is quite a bit lighter, and unlike the varnished MMs, doesn't pick up weight over time. If I had to pick just one pipe to get through some Didi-esque exercise in pipe-smoker self-immolation, it would be one of my bent Prides for sure.

pepesdad1

Lifer
Feb 28, 2013
I like my bully most of all...but the others are fine too, particularly the Country Gentleman.

KIFhxw2l.jpg

3a2ZY9zl.jpg

IlMkzivl.jpg

79u3YFKl.jpg

Reactions: JMcQ

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
My first cob was the tiny Tom Sawyer, which always smoked well, if a bit short.
I grabbed a 10-pack of "seconds" and currently use one of them, a Missouri Pride, for aro duty.
Always a good smoke.
jay-roger.jpg

gerryp

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 8, 2018
Arabi, LA
My favorites are, top to bottom:

-Charles Town Cobbler

-Bent apple diplomat with faux-Cumberland Forever Stem

-Country Gentleman with Forever Stems mini-churchwarden
20190805_182903-600x450.jpg

Status