Your favourite Missouri meerschaum?

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

banner

redone

Aug 4, 2018
I smoke the Jesse James the most for a brief bowl, but also love the Apple Diplomat with a forever stem.

aldecaker

Preferred Member
Feb 13, 2015
Except for the tiny ones, I like 'em all. If I had to pick one favorite, it would definitely be the Mark Twain. Buy a Twain, a couple of the Danish bits, and you really got yourself a smokin' machine.

banner

jchaplick

Preferred Member
May 8, 2011
I've never had one I didnt like. Buy the seconds grab bag and try a big bunch. Ive never had a problem with the seconds. I have some that Ive had for years with no problems. Typically I lose them or ruin them by leaving them in my yard for a month or hitting them with a lawn mower before I they wear out. I dont think Ive ever worn out a cob actually.

5star

Nov 17, 2017
The General (of course). !
The 5 Star is good, but a little unwieldy.

Next would be the Country Gentleman.

lawdawg

Preferred Member
Aug 25, 2016
Except for the tiny ones, I like 'em all. If I had to pick one favorite, it would definitely be the Mark Twain. Buy a Twain, a couple of the Danish bits, and you really got yourself a smokin' machine.
+1 on the Danish bits. They are decently well-made acrylic and they improve the feel of the pipe from "cheap toy" to "real pipe." I smoke a lot of cobs and my favorite combination is the "Washington" cob with a Danish bit. The Washingtons only come with the cheapo plastic bits, so you have to buy the Danish bits separately for about a buck a piece.
Another piece of advice on cobs: if I can, I like buying them locally rather than online because the thickness of the cobs varies. The variation seems to be more year-to-year than pipe-to-pipe. Guess it depends on the year's corn cob crop. I like the substantial feel of the thicker pipes, but the thinner ones are fine too. Can't really go wrong with a Missouri Meerschaum if you like cobs.

szconrad

Oct 24, 2018
The Country Gentleman pipe is my absolute favorite. I have 9 of them that I rotate through! Around Christmastime is when I got most of them last year (some great sales online for pipes).

banner