New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

V

varrj

For me, I’d say it depends on the tobacco. For Dark Fired, it’s the first light. For Burley’s, middle third - last third can get ashy to me. With Virginias, there are things to like in each. For Latakia, the tin note and that’s about it 😀

Chaukisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 31, 2021
Northern Germany
It's always impossible for me to name any favorite, in this case I just thoroughly enjoy smoking a pipe. The joy starts when I pick it up and it ends right before I pick up the next pipe.
I like the first third for it's incredible flavor, especially that first charring. The second third I like for it's balance and the last third for it's overall strength.

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
I find it varies with the blend and the cut, so, couldn’t provide a definitive answer.

With cigars, the Cuban Hoyo de Monterrey Double Coronas from the ’90s were fantastic—with every inch, the flavour changed and evolved more than any other cigar I’ve ever had—I severely miss those! I might only have one still left, but, I’m sure it has averaged out too much after all these years.

Reactions: JOHN72

jndyer

Lifer
Jul 1, 2012
Central Oregon
I hate the char light, and love the last third. Thats usually when I get called to come inside, when the pipe is tasting the best.
My absolute best smokes are always when I get called away from smoking my pipe. If the tobacco is burning nicely ie. not many relights needed, the flavor is perfect and tobacco is smoking cool, then I can count on some kind of emergency at work, or my wife needing me to help out around the house. I am not sure what pheromone I emit; but whatever it is others pick up on it an and boom my session is over.