PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

chopz

Can't Leave
Oct 14, 2011
Kevin, you must be mistaken. There was no Sam Ash in Edison back in '78. Didn't know you were a local boy.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
In no order: My 870 shotgun, my elmer fud red plaid flannel shirt, my guitar (jack daniels custom telecaster) My filson packer coat, my bow, my pipes, maybe my knife collection, at least some of them, my girlfriend (sometimes haha) and my old beat up chevy tahoe...

iowamike

Can't Leave
Nov 14, 2010
Ice Tongs from Gramps

Shoe repair jig from my other Gramps

An old Parker demascus pocket knife

I worry about my boys their gramps was a beer man.

Everything else I am not attached to

riptide

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 27, 2010
Colorado
My Pipes Most notably my late grandads Corncob.
My Knives They are my closest friends I use them everyday at work.
My grandmothers Recipes.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Winston's are nice rods for sure. There was a time when I thought I'd take up rod building. I went and got some starter cheap blanks and the hardware and all that but I just never put the damn thing together..... Maybe this winter I'll give it a go.
Which model rod do you have?
It is actually marked "Guide", which was custom made for the local Guide I deal with, I think it is a standard IM6 green blank, it is a 1996 model I think. I traded my old 1958 Johnson outboard motor for it, which ran like a champ.

misternoah

Lurker
Nov 29, 2011
After the important people in my life, I'd say the musical instruments I own, then my library of books. I tend to not attach myself too much to stuff though, I do wind up giving a lot of books away.

billinsfl

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 28, 2010
Well..
I no particular order:
1952 Topps baseball cards
Pipe collection
Watches (pocket and wrist)
Single shot and muzzleloading target rifles
1970's skateboard collection (yes, I still ride at 49)
1969 Buick GS Stage I
Large cents

rd02sir

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2011
My pride and joy. She is #1 in my life

6235461030_a2ae1f65d0_b.jpg

147-1-3.jpg

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
first thing my dad seeing how hes pretty much bed ridden. second the poem my wife wrote for me the day before our wedding and a 1 song autographed cd by zakk wylde ozzy osborne black lable socity fame for our 4 ani he made above poem in to a song for us and recorded it as a gift

cajunguy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2012
Metairie, LA
This question stumped me a bit, as I usually don't think about "stuff." But here goes (no particular order):
* My Savinelli Autograph #5 -- It's an exquisite smoke that I can't describe with words;

* My 2000 Ford Ranger -- Bought it with cash, brand new, while in college. Still runs like a dream, and the color is still cherry;

* A first edition, signed copy of "Books of Blood" by Clive Barker. I had the good fortune to attend a private signing party held for Barker at a local book store, so my copy is signed to me. Meeting him was quite an experience.

smokinggun

Might Stick Around
Dec 31, 2011
I do not concider my family to be material items so I will post some of my favorite things:
My vintage Swedish clogs:
ww9b.jpg

My timber home from the mid-1800's and the land it sits on:
g12ob.jpg

g3x.jpg

My bike, a Skeptshult Natur with a Kronan rack:
bikerp.jpg

My books:
bookshe.jpg

And my collection of pipes and owls, heres a few:
owlowq.jpg

Status