PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

radio807

Can't Leave
Nov 26, 2011
New Jersey
@hmhaines: Cobs get sweeter and easier smoking the older and uglier they get. Hence the hose clamp repair. It took too many years to get them that way. I have five or six other cobs, but they don't get used as often as the "Three Stooges" in the photo. They don't get used every day, maybe 2-3 times a week.
@jvnshr: My oldest cob, the one with the hose clamp, is about nine years old. The shank loosened up, so the clamp took care of that. I didn't want to trash the pipe and I am too lazy to put in a new shank, so that's the result.
@okie: 40 years! I'm pretty sure that my cobs won't last that long. No matter, I don't think I'll be around for their 40th anniversary anyway.

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
New Dagner cob, will smoke it today.

dagner-1116-600x448.jpg

radio807

Can't Leave
Nov 26, 2011
New Jersey
That new Dagner is sweet! I love the deep bowl. Somewhat small bowls are my only complaint with cobs, at least most of the MM types. Their Freehand and General styles are over the top in the other direction. I wish you years of enjoyment with that pipe.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
If the Legends and Eatons are two small, and the Generals and Freehands are too big, then the Twains and Country Gents might be right up your street. They sure are an ideal size for me.

eduardovieira

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2016
Oporto, Portugal
Randelli i have a gun like this one at home. :lol: I'm going to take a picture tomorrow... I know the conversation is about pipes but I love guns also 8)

okiebrad

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 13, 2016
Staining an additional shelf for my wife's "cabinet that holds the pretties". Great time to sneak in a bowl of Luxury Navy Flake in one of my Great Dane's.
staincob-600x450.jpg

hmhaines

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 5, 2016
CT
DSC_0058_zpsq8wwiqtd.jpg

Getting ready for my interview the other day. Had some extra time so I enjoyed a teeny bowl of Squadron Leader.

stickframer

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2015
I found this unsmoked beauty at an antique shop this morning. The only "action" happening when I took the pic was drinking coffee and watching the snow fly. Christmas Cheer 2015 for the 1st smoke.
20161223_144434-1-600x450.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.