PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

samanden

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 11, 2013
Alexandria, VA
I know this sounds morbid, but this conversation came up in two independent instances in as many days. Besides, us pipe men/women can appreciate this kind of rumination.
So here goes: what pipe in your collection and blend you've smoked would you like to be buried with?
For me, it'll have to be my Poul Olsen 100 handmade. It's a rather small chimney shape made by Winslow. I've chewed a hole in the stem, but it's still my best smoker. With me, I'll take some Stonehaven, which pairs beautifully with the pipe. Both will be tucked in the breast pocket of my favorite blue linen suit by J. Crew.
Your turn...

crazypipe

Lifer
Sep 23, 2012
I will be doing the Cremation thing, and I can't see burning up good tobacco and a pipe . :rofl:

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Whatever I take with me I think will go back to where it came from.
I'm taking a MM corn cob, matches, and one of you guys can put two coins of LBF on my eyes.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
The pipe would be the first (and last) pipe my wife bought for me back when we were dating. It deserves burial. Same with a big tin of Mixture 79. I'd like to know that my death saved some chap's life.
Pipestud

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
I helped bury a Vietnam Helicopter Pilot Agent Orange got him, at the plant one day on the smoking bench, he said Brad when I die I want my Oklahoma T shirt on, I"m asking you because I know you will do it. Damn he wasn"t sick , a year later he was gone. His wife asked me to dress him, he was a blue jeans and T shirt guy but family wanted a suit, I put his t- shirt on him then his white shirt, hard hard hard to do. You never know, living in SW La we get a lot of offshore helicopters overhead and every time I hear the Whomp, Whomp, Whomp I think of my friend Bo Cocks.

4dotsasieni

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2013
I'll be cremated, and I'm thinking that maybe burning up with me whatever's left of my pipe tobacco might make the event much more fragrant! :)

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
With me my favorite blend is always changing, I would get buried with the pipe my father gave me that I use for Virginians (some no name unfinished bent brandy pipe) and some Full Virginia Flake.

samanden

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 11, 2013
Alexandria, VA
Glad to see this thread picked up a little steam. I only wanted to offer a provocative way for us to think about our favorite pipes and tobacco. A kind of spin on the old deserted island theme. I'm just so pipe crazy that I hope I can still smoke on the other side...among other things ;)

Dec 24, 2012
First, if I am ever on life support, I have given my wife firm instructions to pull the plug. And then plug it in again a minute later, to see if that works. That seems to be the only thing my tech guys ever tell me when I'm having a computer problem, so I'm hoping it will solve that problem too.
If it doesn't work and I slip the surly bonds of earth and touch the face of God, I want all my pipes sold with the proceeds going to my kids. I want to be buried with Cigrmaster's 7 day Rad set, so my wife has instructions to hire a thief to steal those. I like his pipes, and I figure, why waste my own valuable pipes.
Dean

Aug 14, 2012
Actually, like 4 dot, I am planning cremation. It would be a shame to char up a good pipe for a silly egotistical reason, so the pipe will not be cremated. I would rather have it smoked than burnt.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
A memento mori just in case someone digs up my bones. :lol:
HR015_1.jpg
pipes-cigars-tobacco_2272_308455679

javajunkie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2013
Nope, I make too much of a habit giving my things away now to keep them when I go. All sold or given, as best fits the needs of my loved ones. In the end, either I won't really care, or there will be a smoke waiting for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.