Your Best Cheap Pipe; Here's Mine; Let's See Yours!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
SE WI
I bought this from didimauw as part of a lot of pipes with a stand, when I first started smoking pipes.

I think it was 6 pipes and a stand for 70 bucks, so I paid a little over 10 dollars for this one.

It's one of my favorite pipes, smokes perfectly everytime. Good thing he didn't smoke it very much, or for a year.

View attachment 336051
That was the only estate pipe that I attempted to smoke. Actually forgot where it went! It was actually a nice smoker! Glad it found a good home! Lmao.

WirelessSmoke

Might Stick Around
Jul 14, 2024
New England
A Missouri Meerschaum Legend corn cob pipe is my best smoking cheap pipe. This one is a "smokeable seconds" offering so it was less than $5. At that price not only are these my best smoking cheap pipes, they are easily the cheapest pipes I own. I bought a half dozen directly from MM and the two I have in rotation smoke great every time. They are a perfect fit for a newer pipe smoker like me, as I can spend the saved money on trying out different tobacco blends.

SS Cob.jpg

gord

Can't Leave
I have an Old German Clay #4 glazed in black that smokes like a champion, and cost me $21. I love that I can smoke back-to-back bowls with no ghosting. As a clay it's not a knock around pipe, but it has lasted me for several years and I use it at least twice a week.

View attachment 336073
That's great to know - I'd love to try a clay pipe one day, but was leery of its longevity.

If you're ok with Muxiang, also check out HS Pipe Studio. Some very good deals often, but be wary of anything with too much of a bend in it. Other than that, the handful i have all smoke well and are good value. Every once in a while, an Albin pipe (from Poland) will come up and can be had for the top of that price range. Falcons and AND meers are both good suggestions as well. Good luck! :)

Sigmund

Lifer
Sep 17, 2023
France
@gord If its ebony it will likely be your heaviest pipe. While it is dark it does not look like ebony to me. Id have to see it in a better photo that showed the grain. I really dont trust any materials list from budget sellers in asia. Its the land of no regulation.

khiddy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 21, 2024
South Bend, Indiana
blog.hallenius.org
For only smoking virginias. MM Charles Towne Cobbler is fantastic, I do not recommend it for smoking latakia blends, and aromatics. For latakia blends, aromatics tobaccos, I prefer Diplomat and General. This is the cheapest I use, according to my experience and personal taste.View attachment 336160View attachment 336161View attachment 336163
Interesting, I find quite the opposite on blend/pipe matching. I consider the MM General to by my best Virginia pipe, with its chimney shape allowing excellent flavor development of the pure leaf. Mine is dedicated to VA blends, while my MM Emerald (the equivalent of a CharlesTowne Cobbler) smokes primarily English blends.