PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Mash, the book, was hilarious. The movie had it's moments. The first couple of seasons for the series had some laughs. Then Alda exerted his "star" power and took the show waaaaay left of the book and movie. It became unwatchable for me. I suspect I wasn't in the demo Alda and the producers were trying for.

My wife loved Brisco". I enjoyed it. Well written and cast.

May 9, 2021
Geoje Island South Korea
Mine are regular shows,not streamed series.

I Claudius, PBS
Upstairs Downstairs PBS (The original series in black and white)
Are You Being Served PBS

Runners Up:

Seinfeld
Fawlty Towers PBS
Cheers
Carol Burnette
You Bet Your Life/Groucho Marx
Meet the Press with Lawrence Spivak as moderator, 1950's
Soupy Sales
Fawtly Towers gets a 👍

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Oh no, not forgotten, but maybe not on television long enough to be a "series" in any sense, Ernie Kovaks was a brilliant comedy guy who saw into the future and germinated SNL, The Daily Show, and much else in TV and movies. I loved him as a kid and had to wait about ten years to hear him lauded appropriately.

Kudos also to the long-running early comedy variety series "Your Show of Shows," with Cid Caesar and Imogene Coco, a Saturday night standard in the 1950's

Reactions: JOHN72 and dino
Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
I haven't been invested in a sitcom since high school, some 23 years ago. Studies, work life and family took priority. Back then, it was Fresh Prince, Saved by the Bell, and Nickelodeon shows like Hey Dude and Salute Your Shorts.

I would be interested in a more recent child friendly sitcom, if anyone has suggestions.

The only more recent sitcom I watched all the way through was Prison Break. It was well done, action packed, suspenseful, and captivating. The downside of the show was also the intrigue: okay, what's next (since the bad luck and obstacles were non-stop).