PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

aussielass

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 18, 2011
Oh god, what I would give to get a nic hit from a pipe so I could give up the cigars, on which I have to do the draw-back just to get my nic fix. Try as I might, I can't get any nicotine into the blood from a pipe, useless things are not much more than a placebo for moi.
So, those of you who claim to be able to fix the insidious baccies, do tell what I can do to the Borkrum Riff to save me the postage of having to send it to Cyndi as a kitty fetish deterer of leather cushions. Crikeys, what would he do to my leather corsets I wonder? He'd probably run down inside my thigh boots and poop his little weezel heart out.

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
I'm glad to say I've never had the displeasure of enduring a bowl of Mixture 79, and never will. I guess I'd have to cast my vote for Borkum Riff as my worst.

dylan793

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 12, 2011
Buchanan, GA
I'll have to second what winton said. My worst experience wasn't the baccy, it was just a nic hit from hell. One week into pipe smoking (having never been a smoker), three consecutive bowls of Robert McConnell Glen Piper and I was sprawled out on the bed sweating and head spinning. Just like with alcohol, I learn my limits the hard way. 8)

chopz

Can't Leave
Oct 14, 2011
aussielass, i think if you want a good nic hit you need to try some flake tobaccos. those are the ones who hit hard for me. some days i'm afraid to smoke them.

cyndi

Lifer
Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
ausielass, we're going to figure out a way to smuggle you in something. SOMETHING. with a good nic hit in it. Bayou Morning and Bayou Night always knock me down.
And Carbide would just grab the strings on the leather corset and take off running like a bat out of hell. He'd reach the limit, be jerked off his feet (because he never lets go) and say "I meant to do that." He's all of 5 lbs. :D The only leather he's shown any sort of feeling towards is that one chair and we have ALL leather furniture. (It's a must with 3 dogs, 2 cats, and 3 kids...)

yohanan

Lifer
Oct 1, 2011
Old Belt/U.S.A.
Iwan Ries 3 Star Blue, Tastes like it smells. It smells like wet moldy sawdust with a sickening sweet taste. For me it was really nasty. :evil:

smokey422

Can't Leave
Nov 20, 2011
Aussielass, I agree with Cyndie that C&D Bayou Night has a potent nicotine hit. You might give it a try. By the way, I happen to like it.
Smokey

dylan793

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 12, 2011
Buchanan, GA
On the high nicotine subject: how 'bout those ropes gawith hoggarth does? (Or is it sam gawith? Can't remember) the brown twist is supposed to be astronomical in nicotine

aussielass

Oct 18, 2011
Ah, I think all this "nic hit" talk is all just bluff, or else you're a bunch of big girl's blouses ... there ain't no such thing I'm telling you!
I can do the draw-back on any tobacco and not bat an eyelid, that includes any pipe baccy and those big 'ol cuban cigars (rolls eyes, I guess you'll be asking me to write a list of those I have). I guess I'm just a walking, talking, breathing ashtray immuned to the filth. I know I have to wear 2 h/duty nicotine patches when flying (one directly over the heart) and I'm still climbing the walls like a homicidal maniac. Last time I flew to USA the Hosties gave me 2 bottles of wine for the most entertaining flight they'd ever had.

Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
Well lass, you'll simply need to give em' a shot when you have the chance.

And ayup there dylan, the ropes and twists tend to pack more of a punch also, I just haven't gotten a taste for em'.
I do understand the need for the nic tho lass. No patches for me as they don't do anything at all. When not smoking I generally have some snus or snuff or both goin' on.

riptide

Jul 27, 2010
Colorado
For me It would be C&D Haunted Bookshop I tried it A couple times I like the smell but the taste Makes my mouth hurt Literally.

creekspecter

Might Stick Around
May 25, 2011
Oh, my... though I'll second the Borkum Riff, probably the most disagreeable smoke I've had has been G&H Dark Birdseye. It was a soul-retching experience. I have maybe 250g that's been sitting around in a Mason jar for the past five years. It's up for grabs; just let me know, and it's yours.

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
I agree with Cyndie that C&D Bayou Night has a potent nicotine hit. You might give it a try. By the way, I happen to like it.

No reviews here yet, but at least you can see what's in it. Maybe we could talk Smokey into doing a review of this one?
C&D Bayou Night
Edit -- Oops - missed it. (Thought I was reading something else.) Smokey's Review

damien83

Might Stick Around
Aug 2, 2011
For me my all time worst smoke was the day I'll never forget but would give anything to forget. That horrible and haunting day I tried the nasty tobacco known as Latikia.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
For me it was a tobacco tasting for my pipe club, it was GLP's Robusto, totally not for me, or anyone else in our club

Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
probably the most disagreeable smoke I've had has been G&H Dark Birdseye. It was a soul-retching experience. I have maybe 250g that's been sitting around in a Mason jar for the past five years. It's up for grabs; just let me know, and it's yours.
Check your PM's creekspecter, p'raps we can arrange a trade. One mans "disagreeable smoke" is an others joy eh?

creekspecter

Might Stick Around
May 25, 2011
OTD claims the (dubious) prize! PM sent, received and replied. I am certain our arrangement will be mutually agreeable. Thanks!

jship079

Can't Leave
Oct 17, 2010
Damn it I have a unopened pouch of Borkum-Riff that I was going to try now I am afraid. Maybe it will go into the Christmas pack He-He!

Status
Not open for further replies.