PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shermnatman

Lifer
Jan 25, 2019
Philadelphia Suburbs, Pennsylvania
You are a passenger on an old wooden tall-masted sailing ship which is destroyed in a terrible storm while at sea. The next morning, you awaken, face-down, battered and bruised on the shore of a sandy island beach.
You are going to be here for quite some time apparently - no phone, no lights, no motor-car; not a single luxury... EXCEPT,
Regaining your senses and orientation, you survey the shore-line, and you see a very large wax-sealed wooden chest - which has also survived the storm; and is now laying in the muddy sands of the gentle shore-break.
You drag the heavy chest up the beach and open it. The contents are dry and well-packed. Inside you find only pounds and pounds of ONE Tobacco Mixture (and plenty of old school strike-anywhere matches, filters, and pipe cleaners), and only ONE pipe.
What ONE pipe is inside the chest, and what is ONE the tobacco mixture you find inside the chest? - Sherm Natman

Jan 8, 2013
You are a passenger on an old wooden tall-masted sailing ship which is destroyed in a terrible storm while at sea.
No! Nah th' "Frigate!" Say it ain't so! I shudder jus' t' reckon o' such a travesty! But that bein' said, I would likely find one o' me Nordin' High Grades, perhaps th' newest addition, a Grade 15 which smokes wonderfully, 'n th' ball like bowl be mighty comfortable in th' hand. Black Frigate, o' course, would be th' tobacco blend stashed in that chest fer me.

redglow

Lifer
Jan 7, 2019
Michigan
Nightcap and any large bowled pipe will do.
Plenty of time for those long contemplative smoking sessions.
:arrow: :puffy:

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
My Rinaldo Lithos bent bulldog, and the tobacco would be McClelland/Ashton Pebblecut. If we are limited to in production tobacco, it would be Gawith Full Virginia.

shermnatman

Lifer
Jan 25, 2019
Philadelphia Suburbs, Pennsylvania
lochinvar - It's quite an unusual wooden chest... wherein copious quantities any ONE tobacco of your heart's desire - in or out of production - will be found inside for your personally selected comfort and delight; courtesy of one Mr. Rod Serling, of The Twilight Zone. - Sherm Natman

tavol

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 23, 2018
I'd like Rattray's Marlin flake and a morta devil anse please.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I'd have Royal Yacht and as large a magnum Canadian as possible. I'd put the Royal Yacht in the water, hop on, and use the magnum Canadian to paddle to the nearest civilization. That's the only possible use I can find for Royal Yacht aside, perhaps, from burning in a barrel to kill mosquitoes.

Reactions: rmpeeps

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
This and this.
img_20170615_175812.jpg

haparnold

Lifer
Aug 9, 2018
Colorado Springs, CO
Definitely Mac Baren HH Old Dark Fired for my tobacco, for a pipe I'd prefer something with a straight acrylic saddle stem and a small-to-medium bowl. Maybe a nice Lovat like this guy:

004-006-19238_1.jpg

haparnold

Lifer
Aug 9, 2018
Colorado Springs, CO
Hmm Captain Black Grape and pipe from Amazon of dubious manufacture. That would provide me enough motivation to get off that island.
Good point, Mike! I might not have a lot of incentive to escape until the tobacco got low...
If anybody's read Robinson Crusoe, there's a bit where he's sick and tries to make a tea out of tobacco leaves soaked in rum, which makes him even more sick. He does reference pipe smoking several times throughout the book.

jazz

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2014
UK
Solani 633 Virginia Flake with Perique and my Ser Jacopo blasted Dublin.

Status
Not open for further replies.