PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajangan

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 14, 2018
Edmonton, AB
Haha, this thread is perfect timing. I just moved and I didn't know where all my pipes were. I went on a mad hunt this morning.
8 at work, 6 in my glove box, 2 in my desk, 2 in my backpack, 1 in my disc golf bag, 11 in a moving box, 8 in the toolbox I keep nails in, 2 in the tool chest I keep tools in, 1 outside on the deck, 8 I never smoke in a Kodak film box. Total 49

tkcolo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 30, 2018
Granby, CO
I have over 130, but I've only had one in my rotation for a year. My little meerschaum flake pipe does it all. I would slim down to about 30 for keepsakes reasons, but I really only need about two or three. I do use a larger bowl every great once in a while, and I'd need a cob for dirty tractor driving reasons.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I only mustered the courage to count my pipes because I was trading in four to get one I wanted. This did not count a few odd-lot souvenirs that don't smoke, one lined with tin can and another tiny pipe with a screen inside the chamber. So my total is 92 with the new pipe. It was a good reminder that I have plenty, and plenty. I realized that buying pipes is a feel-good thing, but if you track how many you have, at some point, buying another won't feel so good. But I love my pipes.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
How in the world have you smoked all of these obscure or no longer produced tobaccos etc.?! I've been smoking pipes more than twice as long as you and have like 10% of the experience.
SEEK AND DESTROY!!!!!!!!
haha really just searching, luck, and this forum.

I only mustered the courage to count my pipes because I was trading in four to get one I wanted. This did not count a few odd-lot souvenirs that don't smoke, one lined with tin can and another tiny pipe with a screen inside the chamber. So my total is 92 with the new pipe. It was a good reminder that I have plenty, and plenty. I realized that buying pipes is a feel-good thing, but if you track how many you have, at some point, buying another won't feel so good. But I love my pipes.
it's true.. it's like an additional high buying a pipe, especially at a good price.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I try to vary my rotation, and have between 12 and 14 on the go often....they get pulled,smoked,smoked again...awaiting the next change, which sometimes takes awhile...I enjoyed acquiring way too many pipes in my first few yrs of piping but nothing very expensive or pretty, except for one or two gifted pipes and one or two i like a lot for their wood and shape....but mostly I smoke Grabows and Cobs...I started giving away pipes to my brothers and try to give them away to neighbors sometimes...along with some leaf of course.
It's called acquisition DISORDER for a reason, folks.

jmill208

Lifer
Dec 8, 2013
Maryland USA
A reckoning is upon you Brobs. The flats of jars and tins need their own truck. ?

I’ve never counted, but if I were to hazard a guess 50+- seems about right for me.

Reactions: BROBS

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
A blessing has presented itself: we close on the house Oct 1. My wife cannot take vacation from the 3rd to the 9th. So we may not fully be able to “move in” until the 10th. Or even if we move the bulk of the stuff before the 3rd I have a window to move my stuff into the pipe room in the basement of the new place. Magic is happening.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
9634c520c9a3cd4e7f23190bb2c96500.gif

• Haha
Reactions: rushx9
Status
Not open for further replies.