You are Guaranteed to get One Hard-to-get Blend. Which One would You Choose?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I love McClelland VA's. I loved them when they were available and I love them now. There are a ton of readily available VA's that are incredible. There's nothing like a McClelland VA. Especially the reds.
Though Cringle Flake 2020 filled the bill for me. Best red release since McC released the 40th.

SpookedPiper

Lifer
Sep 9, 2019
East coast
That reminds me I got a tin of Kingfisher from secret Santa. I need to try it soon.
I am kinda hoping my secret Santa reads this list this year?! ? This was a great idea @sablebrush52 !!
For how many people saying Motzek Strang: Have you guys never tried it, or did you like it and wish you bought more? I only ever had about 4 ounces and personally didn’t like it much.
I was fortunate for a forum compadre to share some with me and I found it quite harsh and edgy. ? Thanks again!

Jul 17, 2017
NV
pencilandpipe.home.blog
Oct 7, 2016
Anything Elephant & Castle.
As for in-production blends, ET Ramsgate. Or Hastings. Real hard to pick only one!
Blue a Mosque by E&C was a shag cut Turkish blend cigarette tobacco. The six other blends were superb. The last was made circa 1989. I got a bunch when they announced the ending to the trade. I last acquired some around 1985 when a Texas friend found some at a small shop in Arkansas. He graciously allowed me to acquire 5 or 6 assorted, but I don’t think he got any of The Stout, which had a high % of Cyprian and Syrian Latakia. Or he didn’t tell me.

Oh, Pete Siegel, who was a partner in Marble Arch, the importer, told me that Blue Mosque was the best seller, go figure.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Blue a Mosque by E&C was a shag cut Turkish blend cigarette tobacco. The six other blends were superb. The last was made circa 1989. I got a bunch when they announced the ending to the trade. I last acquired some around 1985 when a Texas friend found some at a small shop in Arkansas. He graciously allowed me to acquire 5 or 6 assorted, but I don’t think he got any of The Stout, which had a high % of Cyprian and Syrian Latakia. Or he didn’t tell me.

Oh, Pete Siegel, who was a partner in Marble Arch, the importer, told me that Blue Mosque was the best seller, go figure.
A few years back Pete sent me some Deerstalker. That was a beautiful sparkling blend.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
It was just a joke. Pipes and Cigars cancelled my order so I never got any, and it’s sort of become an inside joke.

For how many people saying Motzek Strang: Have you guys never tried it, or did you like it and wish you bought more? I only ever had about 4 ounces and personally didn’t like it much.
I love Motzek Strang, but it has a very individual flavor profile that’s not for everyone. It does need a bit of prep and it’s so wet that it makes Gawith seem mummified. If Strang isn’t well dried, to the extent it has any flavor, it tastes terrible. With the proper prep it’s an amazing smoke.

goldenmole

Can't Leave
Aug 4, 2019
Copenhagen DK
I love Motzek Strang, but it has a very individual flavor profile that’s not for everyone. It does need a bit of prep and it’s so wet that it makes Gawith seem mummified. If Strang isn’t well dried, to the extent it has any flavor, it tastes terrible. With the proper prep it’s an amazing smoke.
Since I never tried this stuff, and several members mentioned it I just put in an order for 300gr. In stock now with TAK

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon
Status
Not open for further replies.