PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021
TX
I took 3 cases of spam with me when I went up to live off the grid in the mountains of NM. After 2 years I came back with 4 cans... so ya.. good stuff. Goes well with rabbit, squirrel, and dandelion greens too!
When I die, I want to be off the grid and let Mother Nature do her thing. Maybe I could lay some slices of Spam on my chest to accelerate the process, Here's to you Mother Earth 🌎

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021
TX
Hot dogs are widely loved. The de facto American national dish, complete with eating contests and giant drivable replicas.

View attachment 192252

Spam, on the other hand is widely shunned. "You never know what goes into that stuff, right? Just a bunch of scraps ground up and mashed together. Yuck! Plus it was named after junk email. I'm not kidding! Junk email! Why would anyone name a food after something like that? It must REALLY be horrid!"
Don't forget that those scraps were scraped off the floor. And I read somewhere (because I read it, it must be true) that a hotdog a day increases your chance of a brain tumor by 18% from the preservatives.

Briar Tuck

Lifer
Nov 29, 2022
Oregon coast
Don't forget that those scraps were scraped off the floor. And I read somewhere (because I read it, it must be true) that a hotdog a day increases your chance of a brain tumor by 18% from the preservatives.
I've heard people claim that Super Value pipe tobaccos are made from the stuff swept off of the floor.

• Haha
Reactions: mingc and Zero
Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
Not that I'm aware of. I can go to Sam's club and get the 30 packs. Just used to getting one or two bottles.
Kroger has a decent knock off called something like Citrus Drop usually for less than $1 per 2 liter.

Since I don't want you to go empty handed, try these Mountain Dew apple dumplings and let us know if they are any good.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Kroger has a decent knock off called something like Citrus Drop usually for less than $1 per 2 liter.

Since I don't want you to go empty handed, try these Mountain Dew apple dumplings and let us know if they are any good.

HAHAHAH

Even I wouldn't try those..... puffy

Reactions: Briar Tuck

snagstangl

Lifer
Jul 1, 2013
Iowa, United States
I assume you mean one or two 2-Liter bottles of Mt. Dew? I had a professor in college who said if aliens were to come to earth and we wanted to show them one of the most amazing things we had done/invented we should give them Mt. Dew. Yah Yah , assuming they hadn't they weren't here already or whatever. He was a philosophy professor.

• Haha
Reactions: Briar Tuck
May 9, 2021
Geoje Island South Korea
I quite like SPAM, bit too salty? then eat SPAM Mild, as it's referred to here, in Korea.

Actually, it's extremely popular here and is often gifted during national holidays, in big presentation gift sets.

Attachments

• SPAM Gift Set.png
    SPAM Gift Set.png
    1 MB · Views: 1
Reactions: Coreios

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
I quite like SPAM, bit too salty? then eat SPAM Mild, as it's referred to here, in Korea.

Actually, it's extremely popular here and is often gifted during national holidays, in big presentation gift sets.
Here in the States, Spam sells a variety that's 25% less sodium. It still tastes pretty salty to me so that's what I eat.

I've heard that Spam is big in South Korea. Are there Korean brands that are any good?