PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Hey Brian, been an age, hope you’re well.

I did the same thing you did, fell in love with an S. Yanik figural meer and pulled the trigger without questioning the engineering.

Mine has the same issue yours does, with the airway slotting in under the bottom of the chamber.

That said, I’ve never had a problem with clogging, and I have never had an issue with cleaning it.

Fire up your art mate, that’s what you bought it for!

83721BEA-A2A9-4A7C-A1F7-3D242B83C475.jpeg9775233B-A928-48B2-AA86-2F0ABBAA99D8.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: brian64

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Hey Brian, been an age, hope you’re well.

I did the same thing you did, fell in love with an S. Yanik figural meer and pulled the trigger without questioning the engineering.

Mine has the same issue yours does, with the airway slotting in under the bottom of the chamber.

That said, I’ve never had a problem with clogging, and I have never had an issue with cleaning it.

Fire up your art mate, that’s what you bought it for!

View attachment 216752View attachment 216753
Another outstanding Yanik carving there...very nice.

I have been smoking the Buffalo. I arrived at a solution by inserting a small piece of a Falcon filter down into the "subchamber" which alleviates much of the issue. That drilled out area on mine is quite large....maybe it's worse than yours...because it was definitely problematic...but it's ok now.

Reactions: pruss