Status
Not open for further replies.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
So you want to get the snip twice?
@Ahi Ka I'd like to see how long I can make a clay pipe of baccy last. Should I use my Jamestowne clay or a regular sized Pollock cutty? Which do you think is closest in size to your clay.
Here's a link to the Jamestowne clay I was smoking at Nantwich:
It has quite a small bowl and is very well suited to smoking strong baccy.
This one's similar to my Pollock pipes:
I've still got a bit of St Bruno Ready Rubbed left and will get some twist to smoke in the clays. I'd like to find somewhere for a pint and a clay - and to see how long I can make a clay pipe of baccy last!

Reactions: Ahi Ka and TN Jed

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
@Ahi Ka I'd like to see how long I can make a clay pipe of baccy last. Should I use my Jamestowne clay or a regular sized Pollock cutty? Which do you think is closest in size to your clay.
Here's a link to the Jamestowne clay I was smoking at Nantwich:
It has quite a small bowl and is very well suited to smoking strong baccy.
This one's similar to my Pollock pipes:
I've still got a bit of St Bruno Ready Rubbed left and will get some twist to smoke in the clays. I'd like to find somewhere for a pint and a clay - and to see how long I can make a clay pipe of baccy last!
I think the Jamestown is closest. I don’t mind if we use different size bowls, or if you want to try all your clays. I think if we weigh the tobacco we load up with, and divide the times of our smokes by that, we’d come up with a rough “minutes per gram” figure. I’m just enjoying the smoking my clay almost exclusively. Might start turning May into a clay month going forward.

Reactions: The Clay King

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
The factory is closed.

However, we may need to reopen if it involves anesthesia and a well endowed nurse with a bourbon chaser.
Why does your nurse need to have a massive wang?

Haha I’m not sure how you guys do your vasectomies over there, but here you get a Valium, a double shot of Johnny Walker and also choose the song you wish to accompany the procedure.

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit

Haha I’m not sure how you guys do your vasectomies over there, but here you get a Valium, a double shot of Johnny Walker and also choose the song you wish to accompany the procedure.
If you’re initial thought related to package size, then "bless your heart".

• Haha
Reactions: Ahi Ka

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
I think the Jamestown is closest. I don’t mind if we use different size bowls, or if you want to try all your clays. I think if we weigh the tobacco we load up with, and divide the times of our smokes by that, we’d come up with a rough “minutes per gram” figure. I’m just enjoying the smoking my clay almost exclusively. Might start turning May into a clay month going forward.
@Ahi Ka I think we should both smoke our Jamestown clays and just go for our best smoking times. I don't have any weighing scales that accurate, only the kitchen scales that go up in 50g intervals so I thought we just need to load up our Jamestown clays and see how long they take to smoke. I know that smoking times can vary according to bowl size, draw, width / diameter of the stem etc can all affect smoking times. I think for our smoke-offs we should both smoke similar pipes and the idea is to go for the best smoking times, as in the UK competition, without relighting:
Relighting is against the rules! I'll keep you posted as to how I get on.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
@Ahi Ka I've been thinking re weighing the tobacco; if I cut the rope (say, 20g of twist) into equal sized sections and then rub it out & load it into my Jamestown clay it would work. The idea is to get as close as possible regarding pipe sizes, capacity etc.
@brian64 @The Amish Tyrant @Chasing Embers @TN Jed It's going to be a real challenge to see how long I can keep my small Jamestown clay burning without relighting:)

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK

They cut your snag off, blue?
Crikey, what song you choose for that? First cut is the deepest by Rod Stewart or the more uplifting Great Balls of Fire by Jerry Lee?

• Haha
Reactions: brian64 and Ahi Ka

Searock Fan

Lifer
Oct 22, 2021
U.S.A.

I know a guy who got one in the Philippines. No pain killer, no nothing. Ouch! puffy

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: simong and Ahi Ka

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
@Ahi Ka I've been thinking re weighing the tobacco; if I cut the rope (say, 20g of twist) into equal sized sections and then rub it out & load it into my Jamestown clay it would work. The idea is to get as close as possible regarding pipe sizes, capacity etc.
@brian64 @The Amish Tyrant @Chasing Embers @TN Jed It's going to be a real challenge to see how long I can keep my small Jamestown clay burning without relighting:)
Will this event be live-streamed?

I think it's about time to set a date for this, or it will never happen.

We've been waiting through over 20 pages of this thread now for the Big Event with The Clay King!

Somehow it just never happens.

• Haha
Reactions: Ahi Ka and simong

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
No thanks, Dan.
You can keep your Metallica & i’ll keep my cobblers intact! Lol
@simong @Ahi Ka Need @Chasing Embers @brian64 @The Amish Tyrant to get practicing; I've decided to go with my Jamestown clay, properly packed, no relighting &cut the twist into equal lengths so we know what I'm working with!
@simong Might see you at Nottingham pipe show this year:
I really enjoyed it last year - and the Clay King proved a big hit!

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Will this event be live-streamed?

I think it's about time to set a date for this, or it will never happen.

We've been waiting through over 20 pages of this thread now for the Big Event with The Clay King!

Somehow it just never happens.
@brian64 @The Amish Tyrant @Chasing Embers @simong I'm getting the twist in the next week or two; @Ahi Ka has challenged me to an England vs New Zealand smoke-off:)

Status
Not open for further replies.