PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gecko13

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
To celabrate this occasion:
I'm going to finish up my June TAD order by adding a few new slections and send it in early.
Smoke a couple bowls of 1Q to clean the palette

Smoke a bowl of Balkin flake

Finish off this historic day by smoking a big bowl of Penzance
:nana:

seakayak

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 21, 2010
I'd like to propose World KeepYour Nose Out Of My Damned Business Day. It would be in November, the day Prince Obama is sent back to wherever he really came from.

Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
A friend posted a link to this on his Facebook page. I had to comment and here's what happened...
Me: ugh, I dislike this one. I understand quitting cigarettes for obvious reasons, the anti's are way too close-minded. Not to mention, I don't think the gov't should have any say in what grown adults do. Therefore, I'll smoke a pipe in protest.
One of the poster's friends: Right. Just keep the smoke away from me and my kids and other people who get sick from/don't want to smoke and animals and other beings who apppreciate air and we won't have any problem. (some smokers are cluelessly selfish)
Me: I didn't say anything about you or your kids or animals. I simply stated my opinion that I don't believe the government or any health official should be able to dictate whether or not grown adults could partake in smoking. There's a thing called etiquette that's lost amongst zealots on either side.
Original poster: (to the friend of the poster), as far as I know the Dollins' (Me) are very responsible with their hobby.

james

Might Stick Around
Apr 11, 2011
That is great bootleg, just priceless. Just tell them to stop driving their car, shut off the electricity, and petition camping...as the campfire pollutes the air. :rofl:

Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
Oh, I did right after I posted this, lol. She came back with a really long post about how tobacco should be regulated and that she believes in not harming other people, blah, blah, blah
I told her, ok, fast food joints, camp fires and plenty of other things in our society are just as, or much more harmful than smoke "smell" being on your clothes and second hand smoke. I grew up with both parents smoking cigarettes. I turned out fine aside from needing to lose some pounds.
Aside from that, I think she lives in, or close to Atlanta. The smog alone is probably more lethal than my pipe, lol. And she wants to talk about air quality.

james

Might Stick Around
Apr 11, 2011
That's great. But I suppose with all things there must be a scapegoat and tobacco in any form is just bearing the brunt of the load.

PeriqueMyInterest

Can't Leave
Apr 4, 2011
Alberta, Canada
james, if they stopped being so concerned with tobacco they might have to admit that unsustainable development (the harder problem to overcome) is the real leading cause of premature death, a lot of depression, suicide, drugs, crime, etc. If they admitted that, then they would have to try and fix it. We will all die at very old ages before you hear of the same amount of organizations actually trying to change that.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I guess one could say the International Pipe Smoking Day would be combating this insanity called World No Tobacco Day. These crazies will do and say anything won't they? Lol ah well. When a study comes up showing a decent percentage of PIPE SMOKERS dying from lung cancer then I'll stop smoking, but since all the studies we have now show that pipe smokers live longer lives I think I'll keep smoking.

cyndi

Lifer
Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
Bootleg and I just smoked a bowl in honor of those wing-nut liberals. ;) May they always have the freedom to have an opinion and for us to have the freedom to smoke!

morlader

Can't Leave
Mar 2, 2011
Cornwall UK
Never heard of that one and anyway,what "world"? certainly not China, Asia or Africa maybe they mean their little world,if so carry on and leave the rest of us puff away.Let them remember that if it wasn't for our baccy taxes the cost of alcohol and fuel would double the following day so pat ourselves on the back and enjoy another bowlfull in the knowledge that we are helping the economy.I don't go for the old story of smoke related diseases costing the health service money.The amount of baccy tax I heve paid over the years will have paid for a new hospital. :puffy:

jimbo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 7, 2010
I saw abolutely NOTHING about "WNTD" in yesterday's local paper. :clap:
Reading down that Wiki page that Collin posted originally... it seems that RJ Reynolds and Philip Morris USA have to sponsor "quit smoking" programs. :( This makes as little sense as making Ford and GM sponsor "quit driving/don't buy our cars" programs. :crazy: In my opinion, that lawsuit "punishment" is where the anti-tobacco forces first smelled blood and shifted their gears, believing they could not be stopped now.

Status
Not open for further replies.