PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Alejo R.

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 13, 2020
Buenos Aires, Argentina.
I highly doubt that Morocco could beat either France or England at the level they played today. I didn't watch all the games in the tournament, but from what I did see France v England was the best side, by far.

Reactions: JOHN72
Jun 9, 2018
England
I highly doubt that Morocco could beat either France or England at the level they played today. I didn't watch all the games in the tournament, but from what I did see France v England was the best side, by far.
I didn't think they'd beat Belgium, Spain or Portugal, but they did. They don't play pretty, attacking football but then they don't really have the players to do that.

I think it'd be a miracle if they beat France but you never know. There's been plenty of shocks in this tournament.

Reactions: Alejo R.

Aomalley27

Mar 8, 2021
Chicagoland area
And I’ve completely soured on Messi. He’s fortunate he didn’t get a yellow for the handball. And that idiot keeper Martinez calling the official “useless”; he’s lucky the official was so poor, otherwise they’d be packing bags. So many times Argentina avoided a second yellow for downright reckless tackles. At least twice in the box where a penalty could’ve easily been awarded.
Looks like Lautaro was the only one with a modicum of class.

Aomalley27

Mar 8, 2021
Chicagoland area
Didn't you see the whole Dutch bench invading the court to fight after a Dutch foul?
Now you’re being disengenuous. And you weren’t telling the truth when you claimed you didn’t see Paredes Fire the ball into the Dutch bench, because this ensues immediately after that incident. And it wasn’t a Dutch foul, it was an Argentine foul on Ake, and when that call was made was when Parades launched the ball into Dutch bench; and like most cowards, immediately turned his back and scurried away.
Much like the coward Messi, who confronted Weghorst not vice versa. It was in his post match interview and he questioned why Weghorst was looking at him and called him dummy twice. Content to hide behind a throng of reporters.
A classless group. And now I’m hoping to see their demise in this tournament.

Alejo R.

Oct 13, 2020
Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Now you’re being disengenuous. And you weren’t telling the truth when you claimed you didn’t see Paredes Fire the ball into the Dutch bench, because this ensues immediately after that incident. And it wasn’t a Dutch foul, it was an Argentine foul on Ake, and when that call was made was when Parades launched the ball into Dutch bench; and like most cowards, immediately turned his back and scurried away.
Much like the coward Messi, who confronted Weghorst not vice versa. It was in his post match interview and he questioned why Weghorst was looking at him and called him dummy twice. Content to hide behind a throng of reporters.
A classless group. And now I’m hoping to see their demise in this tournament.
Is this Messi confronting Weghorst? Or is Weghorst following Messi to te press zohttps://youtu.be/rO2uvwI6t3Ine?

Aomalley27

Mar 8, 2021
Chicagoland area
Is this Messi confronting Weghorst? Or is Weghorst following Messi to te press zohttps://youtu.be/rO2uvwI6t3Ine?
Again; you are skewing the facts. Weghorst claims Messi slighted him after the game. BOTH teams go through that tunnel to lockers. Weghorst isn’t heated, as you can plainly see in his interaction with Lautaro (possibly the ONLY Argentine player that displayed ANY class).
In a matter of he said- he said; I tend to believe the one that displays characteristics of believeabilty. (I always accept I could be wrong) In this situation I’ll believe the guy that offered his hand in defeat after a game, even to the douche bag Oatamendi with his taunting; over the classless guy that skirted the rules of the game and refused to acknowledge his adversaries after the match.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Last night I thought France were excellent.....at fouling! As for the referee, is he myopic or biased or both?

As for Kane's missed penalty, don't they practice taking penalties? A case of Kane and not able methinks :rolleyes:.

In the end the better team won but in my humble opinion, they won by dubious tactics.

Regards,

Jay.

Reactions: smudgersmissingleg
Jun 9, 2018
England
This is the first time I’ve not watched the World Cup since I was old enough to know what it was. Judging from this thread, I’m glad to have missed it.
What? Why would this thread lead you to believe not watching The World Cup was a good idea? It's been brilliant. Loads of great games and big upsets, star players like Messi and Mbappé turning it on, an underdog African nation beating 3 of the big boys of European football AND making it to the semi finals for the first time in history. If you're a football fan and you haven't watched this World Cup you've definitely missed out.

Jun 9, 2018
England
Last night I thought France were excellent.....at fouling! As for the referee, is he myopic or biased or both?

As for Kane's missed penalty, don't they practice taking penalties? A case of Kane and not able methinks :rolleyes:.

In the end the better team won but in my humble opinion, they won by dubious tactics.

Regards,

Jay.
It was an exciting game. France played better in the first half but we were better in the 2nd. The ref didn't do England any favours but that's the way it goes sometimes. Kane scored one penalty but unfortunately missed his second. Shame really because if that second goes in it would've been level and probably gone to extra time and we definitely had the momentum.

We took on the tournament's best team and gave them a real game. Just wish we'd started like we finished. Oh well, next time, maybe.

Reactions: mawnansmiff

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
I don't expect anything good from this World Cup, I'll bet there's something fishy going on. I find Portugal's strange strategy surprising. Morocco is one of the teams with the worst soccer technique, they just have good physical shape, but as players, they are the worst.

Reactions: Aomalley27
Jun 9, 2018
England
This is the first time I’ve not watched the World Cup since I was old enough to know what it was. Judging from this thread, I’m glad to have missed it.
Even though you haven't watched any of this World Cup you should definitely watch the Morocco v France semi final. Morocco have got virtually no chance but there's a tiny possibility they could actually pull it off and win. It'd have to be the greatest World Cup shock in history if they could beat the mighty French side in a World Cup quarter final.

I think all neutrals will be cheering on the plucky Moroccans 🇲🇦💪

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2018
England
I don't expect anything good from this World Cup, I'll bet there's something fishy going on. I find Portugal's strange strategy surprising. Morocco is one of the teams with the worst soccer technique, they just have good physical shape, but as players, they are the worst.
No, they aren't pretty to watch but they get the job done. Not every team is stacked with talented players like France, Spain, Argentina, Belgium etc. They can only work with what they've got. They set themselves up well tactically and they've got amazing determination and team spirit.

99% of the time I want to see the teams who play attractive, attacking football win the game but i'll make an exception this time. Morocco have done incredibly to reach the quarter finals. I'd love to see them do it because it'd be an amazing thing for African football to finally get a team into the semi finals. Plus I love an underdog.

Aomalley27

Mar 8, 2021
Chicagoland area
By “something fishy”; you mean besides the bribery scandal they used to get the tournament in the first place? Or the brushing aside of the scandal of the thousands of slave laborers used (mostly from Nepal) to build the stadiums?