PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Aomalley27

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 8, 2021
Chicagoland area
I will also add that the lack of sportsmanship in this tournament has been pretty appalling. I don’t know if it’s carry over from the lockdown toxcidity, the General worldly unrest or what. But this tournament has really brought out the absolute worst. (Not surprising seeing how this tournament was awarded in the first place).

Jun 9, 2018
England
Who do you think will win it, now? Argentina and Messi? France and Mbappé? Croatia and Modrić? Or dark horses Morocco with their incredible fighting spirit and team work?

I'd love to see Morocco go all the way but I can't see past France or Argentina. An Argentina v France final would be mouth watering.

Aomalley27

Mar 8, 2021
Chicagoland area
Who do you think will win it, now? Argentina and Messi? France and Mbappé? Croatia and Modrić? Or dark horses Morocco with their incredible fighting spirit and team work?

I'd love to see Morocco go all the way but I can't see past France or Argentina. An Argentina v France final would be mouth watering.
Let’s be honest; Morocco has been the beneficiary of some extremely loose officiating. Plenty of cars worthy fouls not issued. (Ironic that Cheddier gets a second yellow for a non-card worthy foul).
I’m disappointed with the lack of Sportsmanship amongst the Argentina side. Yesterday was a disgrace.
Kinda soured in France; they really had some outright dumb defensive plays.
So I guess the resolve of Croatia would be my bet; but seeing Messi step out of the massive shadow of Maradonna would be my heart tug rooting favor.

Jun 9, 2018
England
Let’s be honest; Morocco has been the beneficiary of some extremely loose officiating. Plenty of cars worthy fouls not issued. (Ironic that Cheddier gets a second yellow for a non-card worthy foul).
I’m disappointed with the lack of Sportsmanship amongst the Argentina side. Yesterday was a disgrace.
Kinda soured in France; they really had some outright dumb defensive plays.
So I guess the resolve of Croatia would be my bet; but seeing Messi step out of the massive shadow of Maradonna would be my heart tug rooting favor.
Yeah, that Argentina v Holland match was a bad tempered affair. The Argentinan player booting the ball into the Dutch dug out didn't help things.

Reactions: Aomalley27
Jun 9, 2018
England
I hope Southgate stays for the European Championships. He's taken us to 3 major tournaments where we've reached a quarter, semi and final.

Lot of positives to take out of this tournament. We've got some great young players like Foden, Bellingham and Bukayo Saka.

Alejo R.

Oct 13, 2020
Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Yeah, that Argentina v Holland match was a bad tempered affair. The Argentinan player booting the ball into the Dutch dug out didn't help things.
Louis Van Gaal has been criticizing Messi (a player who is miles above what Van Gaal achieved as a player) for years. Even though Argentina already left him out as coach in 2014. He did it, with his experience, especially to get into the heads of the players and distract them. Messi's reaction after the mach , was to say: "and now what do you say big mouth?" It wasn't good, but it was to be expected.

Aomalley27

Mar 8, 2021
Chicagoland area
I hope Southgate stays for the European Championships. He's taken us to 3 major tournaments where we've reached a quarter, semi and final.

Lot of positives to take out of this tournament. We've got some great young players like Foden, Bellingham and Bukayo Saka.
He’s been pretty stubborn with lineups. Especially McGwire. (Sometimes McGwire is unfairly criticized)
Thought Rashford and Grealish should’ve been inserted earlier. Would’ve really amped up the pressure.

Jun 9, 2018
England
He’s been pretty stubborn with lineups. Especially McGwire. (Sometimes McGwire is unfairly criticized)
Thought Rashford and Grealish should’ve been inserted earlier. Would’ve really amped up the pressure.
Jack came on right at the end but it was too little too late. We lost the game in the first half. If we'd played like we did in the 2nd half for the entire game I think we would've won.

beef

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 10, 2021
Ontario
Louis Van Gaal has been criticizing Messi (a player who is miles above what Van Gaal achieved as a player) for years. Even though Argentina already left him out as coach in 2014. He did it, with his experience, especially to get into the heads of the players and distract them. Messi's reaction after the mach , was to say: "and now what do you say big mouth?" It wasn't good, but it was to be expected.
I've lost a lot of respect for Messi after this game. His after-game interview was ridiculous as was going over to rub it in to Van Gaal and Davids after winning. I don't know if it was a translation issue, but Van Gaal said nothing disrespectful as far as I have seen. Messi spent 15 years presenting a humble image, unlike Ronaldo. Now it seems it was fake--maybe this is what PSG does to people. I have a bet on Argentina to win, but I don't want Messi or Argentina to win now. It would be great for Morocco to win, but it looks like they have a few injuries now.

Jun 9, 2018
England
What has that got to do with an Argentinian player booting the ball into the opposition's dugout? It was petulant and bad sportsmanship.

Reactions: Aomalley27
Jun 9, 2018
England
I've lost a lot of respect for Messi after this game. His after-game interview was ridiculous as was going over to rub it in to Van Gaal and Davids after winning. I don't know if it was a translation issue, but Van Gaal said nothing disrespectful as far as I have seen. Messi spent 15 years presenting a humble image, unlike Ronaldo. Now it seems it was fake--maybe this is what PSG does to people. I have a bet on Argentina to win, but I don't want Messi or Argentina to win now. It would be great for Morocco to win, but it looks like they have a few injuries now.
I didn't see Messi's after match interview. I'll have to look it up on YouTube. I would love to see Morocco win it, as well. They're there on merit having beaten Belgium, Spain and now Portugal. It'd be great for the game if an African nation could finally lift the trophy.