PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Back in the sixties, men started talking about their feelings.
Things have devolved since.

Now I know why my invitation to you last month to share my thoughts on my recently undertaken Journey of Revelatory Universal Awareness on an hourly basis with the JoinMe app went unanswered...

You're one of those soon-to-be-extinct "all male" men.

Reactions: jpberg

Bassman65

Can't Leave
Nov 30, 2022
Canada
Now I know why my invitation to you last month to share my thoughts on my recently undertaken Journey of Revelatory Universal Awareness on an hourly basis with the JoinMe app went unanswered...

You're one of those soon-to-be-extinct "all male" men.

😂 Yes this is tongue in cheek.

Snook

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 2, 2019
Idaho
I have yet to come across a thread asking questions of this nature that comes across as rude or impertinent. In fact, I have asked some of these questions myself on the forum, as I joined in order to talk to others about our shared hobby. I think questions like "How long have you been smoking?" are perfectly acceptable and I'd venture to say most of the folks here find interest in such subjects and learning more about the humans behind the avatars.

Snook

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 2, 2019
Idaho
I don’t characterize those types of questions as rude or ill mannered. Some of them I answer, some I don’t, no rhyme or reason to my approach to a given question.

What is rude (IMO) are folks who pose questions or topics that could be easily answered by using the search function. It wasn’t that long ago that in the space of a week the question of favorite VA tobaccos was asked in three different threads — now wasting my time because one is lazy is rude.
I'm guilty of this - my most recent thread was asking what everyone's most recent online order consisted of. I've since learned of the TAD thread!

Last edited:
I find the following joke very pertinent to the topic under discussion 😀

A new general was allotted to a new army base. After some time in the base he realized how there were two army men guarding an empty bench in shifts. He asked his colleagues and his juniors what it was all about. A colleague said “I don’t know but it’s been a tradition here since joined 35 years ago.” The general confused as he was went through the past generals of that base till he found the one that was in charge 35 years ago. He attempted to find him, and found that he had retired and he lived in the countryside now. He contacted him and requested to meet. On the day of the meeting the general asked the retired commander why that bench was guarded so much. The commander was shocked. “So you’re telling me the paint on that bench hasn’t dried yet?!”

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
Maybe one of the things people do in forums is to respond to various threads in just the opposite manner that the thread was written to illicit. For example, imagine a tread title, "Reasons Why You Love Your Fez".

The majority of posters will respond with reasons why they hate the Fez, pictures of their baseball caps, or extolling the virtues of being someone who would not wear a Fez. Then there will be those who respond by saying that they would like to wear a fez but don't have the nerve. Somewhere in there will be several people who show their Fez, explain why they enjoy it, and then the last few posters will insult each other and accuse each other of favoring various forms of fascism. Then the thread will be locked.

El Capitán

Lifer
Jun 5, 2022
Newberry, Indiana
Maybe one of the things people do in forums is to respond to various threads in just the opposite manner that the thread was written to illicit. For example, imagine a tread title, "Reasons Why You Love Your Fez".

The majority of posters will respond with reasons why they hate the Fez, pictures of their baseball caps, or extolling the virtues of being someone who would not wear a Fez. Then there will be those who respond by saying that they would like to wear a fez but don't have the nerve. Somewhere in there will be several people who show their Fez, explain why they enjoy it, and then the last few posters will insult each other and accuse each other of favoring various forms of fascism. Then the thread will be locked.
screenshot-2017-09-10-at-8-20-13-pm.png

May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA
3orif5Q6Hkl4fZuAwM.webp
Ask any question you want. If I don’t want to reply…I just scroll on. Criticism of the particular questions in question make me question your questioning the questions that our group members decide to post as questions…or something like that. 🤣 After all…they are just questions.☕

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.