PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
There are brands of pipe I really enjoy that don't seem to get any follow-up after I mention them in Forums. I take it that people don't know of them, don't own them, or don't like them. Mostly I let it ride. One carver is just difficult to shop or buy, so it's kind of fun to own a true outlier. I think you've brought Moretti to our attention effectively. I bet you've even sold one, or several, with this post.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I have purchased 9 of his pipes now but none of the magnums. His regular sized pipes tend to be light, typically 1.4 to 1.75 ounces. He makes a number of those magnum "nose warmers", definitely not my cup of tea. Here's a pic of the 3 most recent purchases:
p.jpg

p.jpg

p.jpg

Reactions: cshubhra

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Bradley makes it look easy; Duane, you look challenged.
Everyone aboard the Black Frigate is challenged....
I like his take on the Dublin shape. I'll probably pay more attention now.
jay-roger.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The medium size lighter weight look more appealing to me, like something I'd smoke more often.

cdmjr

Lurker
Feb 26, 2019
I just purchased a Moretti Morta Freehand on ebay. Immediately after I paid for it Marco Biagini sent an email telling me when the pipe will arrive(about 3 days via FedEx).
If his pipes are as great as his customer service I have much to look forward to. The bid started at .99 and I got it for $82.00. With over 29 other bidders to compete against, I'm not so sure Moretti Pipes are overlooked.
CDM Jr.

alexnc

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2015
Southeast US
Don’t worry, his pipes are as good as his service. I think they’re either overlooked or it’s just that most of the ebay crowd won’t pay fair pricing. His pipes are as good as other brands that cost double. I know when I was selling refurbs on eBay I decided the ebay buyers all wanted a deal to the point it wasn’t worth it. Whenever I’ve wanted anything on eBay I’ve made a fair price bid and won 95% of the time.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
the pipe will arrive(about 3 days via FedEx).

Please (please) message me when you get the pipe and let me know if you had any trouble with FedEx and U.S. customs. Recently there have been major issues with FedEx importing tobacco products from Italy. I posted my own horror story recently. I hope all goes well for you and if it does I'd like to know. I group of us are tracking the FedEx issue from EU/Ital closely.

elasmo

Can't Leave
Mar 23, 2019
I was hoping Moretti would be just a tad more overlooked so I could nab a nice one a bit cheaper :mrgreen:

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I was hoping Moretti would be just a tad more overlooked so I could nab a nice one a bit cheaper :mrgreen:
Afraid not, many of us have had happy dealings with Marco.

cdmjr

Lurker
Feb 26, 2019
Just received the Moretti Morta Freehand Smooth. The quality of this pipe is second to none. Goes great with my G.L Pease Navigator. Highly recommend.
CDM Jr.

elasmo

Can't Leave
Mar 23, 2019
Well, took the plunge and nabbed a nice Magnum Chimney. Payday was on the 15th :mrgreen:

I blame Embers for making me want one so bad.

jttnk

Lifer
Dec 22, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Thank you all and especially Hoosier for the original post. I saw this thread and checked out Moretti pipes I have wanted a Morta pipe for a while. Price is really good. Super stoked to be able to communicate with artist and pick out the pipe I wanted. What a nice guy Marco is. My tall billiard almost stack will be shipping tomorrow. Can’t wait. First artisan hand made and morta with a little personal touch from its maker. Pipes and pipe community is cool!

jttnk

Lifer
Dec 22, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
fullsizeoutput_2803-600x574.jpg

And here it is. I am so happy with it. Marco was a pleasure to do business with. My first inspection everything lines up beautifully. Finish is great. Most sriking is I typically only like pipes that are at least 6" long. I don't know why, it's just the way I see them. This one is 5.5" and was a bit worried. But, the carver knows his craft. The proportions are very pleasing and I don't have any complaints on the length (Yes, you can act like a 7th grader and say, "that's what she said" I know I would;-)
What to smoke for it's maiden voyage? Black Frigate? White Knight, Balkan Sasieni, Froggie, And So To Bed, or never tried Margate?

Status
Not open for further replies.