jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here

Briar Tuck

Lifer
Nov 29, 2022
Oregon coast
I have a great fascination with the royals, mostly the history, but not those two.
My wife shares this fascination. She's quite the anglophile, actually, in love with all things British, especially historically. She regrettably tends to keep me somewhat informed on the royals, including the clown prince and his yacht girl.

As for me, I feel our concern with the British monarchy ended in 1776.

K.E. Powell

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 20, 2022
West Virginia
One of the greatest blessings of being an American is that it is part of my cultural inheritance to never be coerced to ever caring about any of the incestuous and ridiculous machinations of any monarchy, especially that of Great Britain's. This is a fortune not worth squandering for beans, so I won't pay Prince Harry or his ilk much mind.

But as to the original question: why does he whine so much? I'd venture to say he whines a lot because the vast majority of humanity whines a lot, as evidenced by this thread where somehow it became this whole thing about young people being stupid and soft even though the subject of this thread is a man who is 38 fucking years old. The only difference between them and us is that tabloids are keen to publish and exaggerate the grievances of so-called royals. Alas, we are stuck complaining to each other without a greater audience to bear witness to our jeremiads about cell phones and other arbiters of societal doom.

avail

Can't Leave
Oct 13, 2015
Michigan
My wife shares this fascination. She's quite the anglophile, actually, in love with all things British, especially historically. She regrettably tends to keep me somewhat informed on the royals, including the clown prince and his yacht girl.

As for me, I feel our concern with the British monarchy ended in 1776.
Sounds like I'd much rather chat with your wife about this than you... LOL

Reactions: Briar Tuck

unadoptedlamp

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 19, 2014
I realize that this should be another fun "pile on" that is so common with the internet these days, but my take is a bit different.

I don't know these people. Fairly sure nobody else here does either.

What I do know is that everyone I have ever met, including those with perceived extreme privilege, has got their own bag of hammers to carry.

We can sling shit all day long at people we don't know, but the point remains... we just don't know what it is like to walk in anybody's shoes but our own.

I'd be inclined to cut people some slack. Life isn't easy for anyone, no matter what the optics are.

yohanan

Lifer
Oct 1, 2011
Old Belt/U.S.A.
If some folks had done some research before posting about social climbers, and the proof to back it up, maybe there would not have been the shit slinging per stated. What I posted is proven fact, Like it or not.

yohanan

Lifer
Oct 1, 2011
Old Belt/U.S.A.

King Edward VIII and Wallis Simpson were Nazi​

Sympathizers Period, and a proven fact, Like It or not, That's just the way It is.

Status
Not open for further replies.