PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 1, 2014
Just about the only reason I didn't grab the Estate 616KS is I already got this Gigi that's very similar in shape (but with an extra narrow chamber, which is desirable while I'm struggling with Flakes):
Italian Estates Gigi Classica Rusticated Bent Brandy (9mm) (Unsmoked) | Buy Italian Estates Tobacco Pipes at Smokingpipes - https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/estate/italy/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=418127

These New Old Stock Gigi pipes seem to be quite a good deal. I really appreciate when Smokingpipes.com carries this sort of thing.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I won an auction for two Italian made pipes for $20.00.
One was a Tinder Box Ascorti La Silvanah, the other a Sav Trevi 616.
Both were caked like the devil and I was impatient with my reaming and rim cleaning and I messed up the finish on the Ascorti and a small partial crack toward the inside of the rim (verticle) appeared. As I'd long since given up the idea of dabbling in acquisitions and resales, I haven't bothered to try to improve them. I smoke the 616 much more often. Both have lucite stems. Both are rusticated with what I seem to think is the typically hefty rim and bowl from Italian makers. (?)

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I like 3/4bents but typically they exceed my clenching weight tolerance which would be 60g for a bent. I had several during my time but they all went somewhere else. It's a magnificent, iconic shape.

Reactions: Country Bladesmith
Status
Not open for further replies.