Not open for further replies.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Was that directed at me @jpmcwjr ?
-Probably!
Australia.

It's not the "few extra hours or days" but rather the fact that I don't fill the tin to the brim; I just take enough to last while I'm out and about so there's usually only a few bowls worth left upon my return which will dry out rather quickly.

Tobacco is way too expensive here to waste what others might consider an insignificant amount.
Good on ya'!
I don't waste any tobacco, even though it's relatively very cheap here.

Reactions: chopper

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
Where I live, humidity seldom goes below 50%. This evening it's at 93%
Don't know how people can tolerate high humidity.

Here in Australia, up north they have two seasons; Wet season and dry season.
The dry season is great but during the wet .... ugh.
Mould grows on all sorts of stuff like leather. Chipboard furniture rots. And any little wound can rot and fester until the dry season.
[Oh and on top of the highly venomous snakes and spiders they also have salt-water crocodiles and two of the worlds deadliest jelly fish :eek: No thanks]

[I'm recovering atm from a reaction to a red-back spider bite. My forearm swelled to twice it's size, is covered in a lumpy rash and have a rather big scabby wound and several smaller ones that were dripping like a tap. It's improving slowly but if I was up north it would be a festering mess.]

Reactions: workman

johng99

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2020
Lake Havasu City
For all of the packaging that I have purchased (for a consumer goods company) there is an economic order quantity based upon, usage, price and inventory carrying cost. Packaging lot size is a big driver of price, often driven by tooling, mold/jig costs and set up time. Bottom line is if you don't buy a lot of one package, it's gonna cost you. And packaging is usually a pretty high percentage of cost of goods. Hence the desire to keep packaging costs down and standardize. In laundry detergents the high cost is the mold, which is why many companies have standardized on bottles and only change plastic color and labels to differentiate products. Metal tins/can are similar. Can stock is expensive as is tooling and pipe tobacco companies are very small players for the big can/tin suppliers.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
One size fits all. Amazon ships a lot of small objects in bigger shipping boxes. That's what they have in supply, so that's what they use. A little jar of seasoning in a box that could hold a desk lamp. Hopefully the system might be improved, but for now, that is what is done.

Reactions: johng99
Status
Not open for further replies.