Why Are Samuel Gawith Blends Always Out Of Stock?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
gl pease makes good blends. still going through their blends and so far haven't been disappointed. i stopped looking for hard to get blends, unless it drops right in front of me. more time for smoke, and less frustrations.

Reactions: Corto Waltese

Corto Waltese

Lurker
Oct 14, 2019
Yea, I had to....The Pease is better than most GH blends I’ve had. The topping is applied to my satisfaction. I love Ennerdale etc but the topping drowns out the leaf. My palate becomes fatigued.
I haven’t tried any Pease blends yet. I hear Westminster is good.

gervais

Lifer
Sep 4, 2019
Ontario
I'd really love to get my hands on some best brown flake. I'm diligently checking for it every chance I get....I will not miss the next drop ?️‍♂️

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It does concern me that some sites have many items that are out of stock or no longer for sale, even though the items remain on the menu. If possible, sites do best if they rigorously maintain and update the available merchandise and don't carry too many items that are not available and some that won't be in the future. Web sites are demanding to maintain, no doubt about it, and expensive.

Frozenoak

Can't Leave
Oct 9, 2019
Lake Elsinore, CA
It does concern me that some sites have many items that are out of stock or no longer for sale, even though the items remain on the menu. If possible, sites do best if they rigorously maintain and update the available merchandise and don't carry too many items that are not available and some that won't be in the future. Web sites are demanding to maintain, no doubt about it, and expensive.
Or give me a tickbox that says In Stock in the filters.

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
If possible, sites do best if they rigorously maintain and update the available merchandise and don't carry too many items that are not available and some that won't be in the future. Web sites are demanding to maintain, no doubt about it, and expensive.

Iwan Reis has the reverse problem. Their web site often shows them as sold out on popular blends, Gawith, Esoterica, etc... but when you go in the store they still have plenty in stock on the shelves. It might be intentional to maintain a reserve of inventory for their regular store customers, or maybe they just don't run their online site very efficiently. Not sure which.

ormazd

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 12, 2018
Virginia, USA
Iwan Reis has the reverse problem. Their web site often shows them as sold out on popular blends, Gawith, Esoterica, etc... but when you go in the store they still have plenty in stock on the shelves. It might be intentional to maintain a reserve of inventory for their regular store customers, or maybe they just don't run their online site very efficiently. Not sure which.

I believe this is the case. I asked about Esoterica when I visited the shop, and they said all of it goes to internet customers. They had many blends of Samuel Gawith on the shelf - I picked up a box of St. James.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Their web site often shows them as sold out on popular blends, Gawith, Esoterica, etc... but when you go in the store they still have plenty in stock on the shelves.
They send in stock notifications to long time online customers without making them publicly known.

Status
Not open for further replies.