PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I submitted 2 new blends to the tobaccoreviews.com site before seeing this thread.

Strangely enough they rejected one (Sutliff - Estate) and the other is still pending (Country Squire - Cordial Friends). If they had ignored both I would have read this thread and moved on, but with one being rejected I am slightly confused...
So is Kretek

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I just tried writing an email to the official address of TobaccoReviews:
wcn@pipesandtobaccosmagazine.com

It was returned as undeliverable... the email address no longer exists.
That email address has been bullshit for years. That's why I included the pone number for Kretek when I posted who owned it. Call them, ask for Ben, and give his answering machine an earful.

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
Computer says no.

computer_dog.jpg

SourShank

Lurker
Nov 26, 2021
Germany
I have a perception that those in management of the pipe industry just don't care about attracting a new generation of patrons. I wonder if they understand what a valuable asset these review sites are to new/young pipe smokers. Its sad to see antiquated websites with otherwise valuable members rot away.

Reactions: PeterPipersPizza

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Sorry guys, but this entire thread is wrong.

TobaccoReviews.com is owned by Tobacco Media Group (TMG) in Raleigh, NC.

Kretek International, Inc. - Kretek International, Inc. - https://www.kretek.com/press-release/tmg-completes-media-acquisitions-from-tma

Prior to that it was owned by Kretek, an importer / distributor, and they bought along with the former Pipes & Tobaccos Magazine.

The original owner was Jon Tillman. He created it with Sykes Wilford, the founder of SmokingPipes.com. They split off a long time ago.

I tried to buy TobaccoReviews.com in Sept. 2009, but we couldn't come to an agreement.

P&T bought the site in Feb 2011, then Kretek, and now TMG.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com

Kretek International, Inc. - Kretek International, Inc. - https://www.kretek.com/press-release/tmg-completes-media-acquisitions-from-tma

Prior to that it was owned by Kretek, an importer / distributor, and they bought along with the former Pipes & Tobaccos Magazine.

The original owner was Jon Tillman. He created it with Sykes Wilford, the founder of SmokingPipes.com. They split off a long time ago.

I tried to buy TobaccoReviews.com in Sept. 2009, but we couldn't come to an agreement.

Thanks for the info! Send your complaints to Tobacco Media Group.

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains

Kevin, the press release that you linked to says, "Tobacco Media Group (TMG) is the publishing and event subsidiary of Kretek International." So, tobaccoreviews.com is still ultimately owed by Kretek.