PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Recently I finally added a Rad Davis to my collection and it got me thinking. There are just too many amazing pipe artisans out there. While I can occasionally pick one up I have to be pretty sparing about when and how much is spent. I often find myself dreaming of the day I will be able to get a pipe from a specific maker or 6, but just can't afford to today. You can't buy them all, at least those of us in the real world can't, so I ask you, who are some of the artisans you would absolutely love to own a pipe from someday, but have yet to add one to your collection for whatever reason?

I'll Start with my (Today's) List:

Richard Friedman
Tom Eltang
Scottie Piersel
Kim Jongwook
J.T. Cooke
Il Duca
Wandi Riyadi
Joura
Former
Sven Knudsen
Constantino Schussler
And although I already have one (a Sanblasted Polonius) I'd love another Gert Holbek someday.

How about you?

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
I like traditional, mostly English and French shapes, and so I haven’t gotten into these artisan pipes. i guess they have to differentiate themselves, so the pipes don’t look like traditional pipes, and I don’t really find them attractive.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
The main one I've been wanting is an eldritch pipe. I know there not everyone cup of tea but I'm really wanting one.

He definitely produces some stuff that is bat shit nuts. He makes a surprising amount of more traditional shapes though for a psychotic freak.

Reactions: danimalia

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I like traditional, mostly English and French shapes, and so I haven’t gotten into these artisan pipes. i guess they have to differentiate themselves, so the pipes don’t look like traditional pipes, and I don’t really find them attractive.

Artisan shapes do seem to be leaning more and more towards wonky as hell. There are a lot of artisans out there producing stuff that is shaped more traditionally though, they are not all sea elephant foot pick axe horn blowfish cock n balls.

Jun 9, 2018
England
Holy Robot Octopus Brain, Batman! I do like that swirly dublin though. Aligning the stems on those things has got to be a real pain in the dick.
Yes it's a beautiful pipe that's obviously had a lot of craft put into it.
Simon from the YouTube channel: London calling has got one (that's where I first saw the shape), I like his even more as its got a gorgeous brindle stem on it.
I like the 'countryman' Ian does as well. I didnt at first but the shape just sort of grew on me, it's like the pipe is wearing a hat.

Status
Not open for further replies.