Who Is the More Iconic MM Smoker, Popeye, or Douglas MacArthur?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
McArthur is pictured with his cob, with its long stem and massive bowl. He clenches it in the photos but it is doubtful that his clench lasted all that long. Impossible.

Reactions: Charlie718

Charlie718

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2021
Bronx, New York
Charlie while I agree with what you say, I detist Mc Arthur for coddling the Japanese after the war, The Japanese committed far worse atrocities than the Nazis and McArthur played it down.
That he did, looking at the way things are now I feel the Japanese are far better allies then Germany or Russia is to us.

Charlie718

Mar 25, 2021
Bronx, New York
McArthur is pictured with his cob, with its long stem and massive bowl. He clenches it in the photos but it is doubtful that his clench lasted all that long. Impossible.
image.jpg
Yeah it’s not bad on the jaw but the stem wants to wear a hole into the roof of my mouth lmao. Now if only I can get the time to smoke a 3” deep bowl ?

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
My opinion the champion clencher on the board is 'embers. Without teeth he finds he clenches these humongous pipes.

But he hasn't told us how he does it.

Reactions: Charlie718

jeepnewbie

Jul 12, 2013
Byron
www.facebook.com
I personally think Popeye. He may of been the reason deep down somewhere inside that inspired me. Chester, IL has a statue of him in honor of his creator Elzie C. Segar. They have also made more since I moved away from the area that I didn’t know about. The statue has his pipe thankfully, and hopefully they never try to remove it.

E8C166C2-2D93-4F25-98F1-382567BAE1CA.jpeg

image is from their park site.

Status
Not open for further replies.