PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

gervais

Lifer
Sep 4, 2019
Ontario
I'm smoking a bowl of old gowrie that I've had jarred for a little over a year, and oh my lord. This is the finest Va blend I've ever smoked. Its hard to believe that there could be anything better out there, however I have never had a McClellands Va before, I don't see any point in worrying about it too much with OG in my pipe

Jaylotw

Lifer
Mar 13, 2020
NE Ohio
Which is what took so long for me too get on a pipe forum. Too many snobs who are too aggressive about the facts they seem to get wrong anyways. Then looking up some info about pipes mainly meerschaum care and noticed not too many snobs here.
That’s why I’ve stuck around, too. Lack of pretentiousness is a big part of the character of this forum and it’s nice!

gervais

Lifer
Sep 4, 2019
Ontario
Does old gowrie contain the same red Va's as HOTW? Or is it composed of a different Va mixture? I'm pretty sure HOTW uses straight reds for that blend.

Reactions: JOHN72

molst

Lurker
Sep 8, 2021
Sweden
OG is very nice. I had a little issue with the citrus tone the first smokes, but the last time was top notch. Feels like it could grow to become a favourite some day.