PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
So, nobody is gonna make fun of the counter top in my above picture?
That was CHOSEN by a human being at some point.
Its in the back room of my clinic.
Thats where I keep my dip in a freezer.....right next to a bunch of roadkill and dog dope! :)
someones grandma picked that thing, we'd never say anything mean about someones grandma at least till we find out who her grandchild is.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I used to chew until I got too intoxicated and took a big swig off my spitter. That ended the adventure for me. I have heard that the gawith ropes can double as chew, and I have been curious about that, but haven't tried it.
I've done that with brand new Mt dew bottles. Usually I caught it right after I spit, so I just take a huge swig and swallow it all in one go. Fresh soda once again 😂

I recently started dipping again last year in an attempt to quit cigs. Didn't work. Used to chew and dip years ago. Glad to be back with the dip. I love it.

Pipes, cigs, dip, cigars, nasal snuff. It's all good.

Reactions: Bbailey324 and Sig

hakchuma

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2014
Michigan, USA
Chewed Kodiak just like my father. He gave that up years and years ago. Ive recently quit about 4 months ago and use Zyn now. My initial intent was to give up on chewing and start pipes and cigars instead. Took me years of failure too. Zyn helped me quit Kodiak in one week. I just got tired of all the chew cups and bottles and started to realize how unpleasant constantly spitting was :). My father just swallowed and never used a spit cup or anything, I couldn’t do that.

Reactions: rossmycroftholmes

Briarcutter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 17, 2023
U.S.A.
I use to on and off. My dad chewed Red Man, mom use to buy him a carton,10-12 pouches a week with groceries. I've been tempted to pick up a pouch but flipped when I saw the price, like $14 a pouch! Mom probably bought that carton for under ten bucks. Been thinking on chewing some rope though.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
grizzley is $3 on our local Indian reservation.
Kodiak is under $5.
I get the Stokers tubs for $10.
I like Stokers more than any other dip luckily.
Damn I was on a stokers kick for about a year. It's 35.00 a tub here in Wisconsin.

Cope straight is my new fav. Also 11 per can.

Sig

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2023
Western NY
Damn I was on a stokers kick for about a year. It's 35.00 a tub here in Wisconsin.

Cope straight is my new fav. Also 11 per can.
Yep, the Longhorn is $9 and there are two more cans.
But, ive been a Stokers fan for many years.
100% American grown tobacco.
None of the others can say that!
You can get a carton of Native cigarettes for $12.

Bbailey324

Lifer
Jun 29, 2023
Austin, TX
I like a pinch of Copenhagen snuff when I can't smoke a pipe. Can says 100% American tobacco. About $9 per can here in Texas with tax. Stokers is good as well and have used that in the past. Tub is about $35 here. Also chew the G&H ropes on occasion.

Piping Abe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 27, 2021
North Dakota, USA
I enjoying Chewing Long Leaf Chews. Redman, Levi Garrett, Beechnut, all of em. Not so much Dipping.

I feel as though Chew is for relaxing and something to do while taking it easy. Dipping is more for a nicotine fix.

If you didn’t know, smokeless tobacco is a safer alternative to cigarettes and can save your life.