Which Is the Strongest Type of Tobacco Nicotine-Wise?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

12 Fresh Dunhill Pipes
12 Fresh Caminetto Pipes
36 Fresh Chacom Pipes
New Cigars
New Accessories

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
My first bowl of the Castanho put me to sleep in the middle of the day, but no dizziness, hiccups, or nausea. (Nicotine can produce bimodal stimulation-sedation effects at lower & higher doses respectively)

I'm yet to be in the sedation realm of Nesbitt's Paradox.
Machado, those prices are a steal. I'm suddenly interested in visiting Brazil now, though I doubt I'd survive the heat.

luigi

Can't Leave
May 16, 2017
Europe
You are one lucky man, Machado. I bet you already got several private messages with offers. :D

mrmachado

Can't Leave
Oct 17, 2018
Brazil
@cossackjack
Very similar appearance to the Arapiraca Castanho & Preto Super Forte ropes. Do your ropes have a name or brand?

I think they are Arapíraca too, but I didn't really pay attention. Too much excitement! I'll pay attention next time and tell you.
A small bowl smoked slowly is advised. My first bowl of the Castanho put me to sleep in the middle of the day, but no dizziness, hiccups, or nausea. (Nicotine can produce bimodal stimulation-sedation effects at lower & higher doses respectively).
Indeed no nausea, no dizziness... But it put me to sleep too!
This rope (Arapiraca?) is a better sedative than any drugstore hypnotics, no joking here! One-punch knock-out!
Better blend it with some Carter Hall or something else... The Carter Hall mixture worked when I wanted to smoke it without getting KO'd.

mrmachado

Can't Leave
Oct 17, 2018
Brazil
@Olkfori

Machado, those prices are a steal. I'm suddenly interested in visiting Brazil now, though I doubt I'd survive the heat.

@jpmcwjr

Wow! And 1960 prices......awe inspiring.
Indeed, after being forced to pay $15 (!) in a pouch of Captain Black (due to running out of tobacco in the beginning of my pipe life), it feels great to pay so little money for something of good quality like this.

mrmachado

Can't Leave
Oct 17, 2018
Brazil
What does it taste like?
According to my perception, a little bit like burley (Irish Flake) but more "grassy" and very earthy. Not sure if grassy is the exact word, but something kind of "florestal"... Hard to find the exact word. It tastes like a tobacco that came from the deep woods. Not very complex, more of an earthy punch.
I don't know if I could describe something consistent or give a good idea of what it tastes like, but... I tried.

Status
Not open for further replies.