Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

elasmo

Can't Leave
Mar 23, 2019
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title (See Rule 9)

If the tobac-pocalypse happened tomorrow, which blend would you wished you had saved more of?

I just dipped into my My Mixture 965 today...I hadn't thought much of it before jarring. I had been previously working on McClelland 925, and 965 didn't do much for me....now I really like it...and I realize I only have 2 tins left. If the Dunhill discontinuation taught me anything, it's that I should have acquired more Ye Olde Signe (which I only have 3 left).

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I bought quite a bit of McClelland in the final days but could have easily bought triple or quadruple what I did. And wish I would have. I wasn't a VaOR fan back then and could kick myself for not buying many tins of the Green Label offerings. And 40th Anniversary was as good as any Va McClelland ever put out IMHO, I wish I would have purchased 100 tins. I remember a time or two when it could be purchased with a 10% to 15% discount as well when one of the Internet Retailers were running a special.

With that said, I have a respectable cellar and will not likely suffer in the future when looking for something to smoke. I don't spend much of my mental or emotional energy lamenting over what could have been.

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
Upon returning to more regular smoking, the first thing I purchased was ps312
Toasted burley. Loved it. In my wisdom I chose not to cellar more than 4oz as I wanted to prioritise trying more stuff...foolish mistake. It was discontinued within months. From stuff that is still available, I am fearlessly low on HB, GH BF#7 and 79. I have enough treat tins to see me through, it’s just my regulars I’d be caught short on

trubka2

Lifer
Feb 27, 2019
When ordering from Germany gets shut down, pretty much all my HU stuff will immediately become rare treasure for special treats only. That's cool - it'll give me a reason to stay alive until the next special occasion.

Aug 1, 2012
Currently this is the case with Dunhill BB1938 for me. I really wish I had snapped up more tins of it. It also happened with many of the McClelland blends as I had some financial difficulties when they went out and couldn't buy any.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Which blend might you be short on?

USDC2Xs.gif

Tommy Boy

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 28, 2020
Michigan
I too am late to the game on this. I was busy trying new blends to figure out what i liked. Starting to buy bulk of some of my favorites. I have about 12 pounds jared up (not counting the jared up tins of blends i tryed and didnt finish) and im trying to add a few pounds a month now.

Last edited:
May 2, 2020
Louisiana
Of stuff that’s still available, I just realized yesterday that I had been smoking way more Balkan Supreme than I realized. Need to get more of that. I’m about to be out of Erinmore Flake and C&D Gentleman Caller. Should probably get a bit more Bayou Night also.

Reactions: bnichols23 and dcon

tkcolo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 30, 2018
Granby, CO
I bought some Germain's Special Latakia Flake 3 years ago, and I couldn't get past the weird dryness, salt and pepper color and fluffy/spongy texture. And, I strayed from Latakia in most forms. Well, I got bored a few months ago and tried it again, and I now love it as a change of pace. I'd like more.

It's weird how things come in go in my favorites list. It's starting to feel like the availability has a lot to do with my preferences. I really love something till I get a lot of it, then I seem chill on it. Maybe I should sell my cellar and just wander through what is available.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I don't reorder some of my favorites just because I smoke so moderately I never catch up with the modest supplies I buy ever few months. I'd miss a long list of blends if they were unavailable, but I enjoy so many, and have some years in supply, I don't think I'd get hung up on any particular one. There are about thirty blends that could keep me happy for years, whether in rotation or just one blend. I guess I'm easy to please.

dcon

Lifer
Mar 16, 2019
Jacksonville, FL
Currently this is the case with Dunhill BB1938 for me. I really wish I had snapped up more tins of it. It also happened with many of the McClelland blends as I had some financial difficulties when they went out and couldn't buy any.
I see BB1838 still around at a few sites. A little more expensive than it was originally but, available. I stocked a little on London Mixture prior to the downfall. I am hoping that it might make a return. Since some was available after the initial fall, I doubt either of these two will make a return. I am perplexed that they brought back Standard Mixture when I have seen some of the Dunhill here and there. Who knows?

TheFall

Might Stick Around
Mar 20, 2020
Alberta, Canada
I am really behind, I need to figure out what I like before I can stock up on anything!
I think that if there was a time line, I would just order what I could afford, probably multiple tins of Mac Baren Navy flake as that is what I like the most at the moment and just random tins, accepting that I only have one if I really like them. That way I could also trade them with people who have what I like stocked up and are looking for that one tin that I have. In that case I guess I would just accept that I wouldn't get to try that one that I traded

Status
Not open for further replies.