PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpookedPiper

Lifer
Sep 9, 2019
East coast
Someone sold a bag on here for a very friendly price, but alas it too disappeared quickly. It can be found I am sure, but as mentioned above there's a many other blends that are available and very good. I too have searched as I have not had the chance to try it yet. That hasn't stopped me from seeking but I ain't going nutty for it.

Good luck and if you are able to find some remember the mantra...." Sharing is caring!"

Reactions: BROBS
May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA
Ah da Stonehaven request...this ? is a mystical beast that evades the many of those searching...most are left wanting. Personally, I find many more flavorful blends out there, but certainly can’t fault anyone for hunting it down...part of the fun!

Another ?would be to try and get a bit of RDF sent to you from a ?? Buddy. Many of us have had good fortune pairing up that way. IMHO RDF is better anyways.

Best of luck and happy hunting!☕

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Compare Jim's reviews on Stonehaven and Angler's Dream.
Interesting. But the two blends aren't similar in flavor, and while both reviews offer similar wording, there are also differences. Wonderful as language is, it is at best imprecise at describing sensory input. Take the word "nutty" as applied to flavor. We have a general idea of what a "nutty" flavor is, but there are a wide variety of nuts and they taste different from one another. The word "nutty" is an abstract generalization. I suppose one could get more granular, but the review might end up being a tome and still be no more accurate.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I don't see how anyone could read my Angler's Dream and Stonehaven reviews, and think the blends are similar.

Jesse is right that "nuts" is an imprecise term, but it's the best one much of the time. Maybe I can add a few more adjectives? ? :)
roasted cashew, raw cashew, unsalted roasted cashew, salted roasted cashew, unsalted raw cashew, salted raw cashew, manic depressive, bi-polar?

jeff540

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 25, 2016
Southwest Virginia
As noted above, Stonehaven is great when the stars align, but due its fickleness I smoke it maybe once a month. I'm still working my way through a bag I opened two years ago, and that's giving a few ounces away over the last year.

When the stars align, the flavor and aroma reminds me of an old fashioned cigar shop - heady, sweet leather and nuttiness.

Looking at my meager hoard recently, I noticed that my Stonehaven stash (all purchased at local B&M) would likely outlive me, so I advertised a bag for sale here a few weeks ago; it sold in exactly 3 minutes from posting the ad.

Reactions: BlueMaxx

ebnash

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 5, 2019
Los Gatos, CA
I was gifted a couple ounces of 2013 Stonehaven last year and I've smoked about 6 bowls. While it was an enjoyable smoke, I no longer have the itch to chase it down. Not trying to talk you out of it, but please don't pay $175 for a bag.

Reactions: BROBS and BlueMaxx

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
I tried a bowl from a box pass one time, that was the perfect way for me to scratch that itch. I liked it but also knew that I need never try and track it down since it was no more liked than many other blends which are readily available.

Isaac.

Reactions: BROBS and BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2020
Indiana
One of the things I am having such a great time with is just being able to purchase one or two tins of things I have never heard of nor tried.

It's sort of like a treasure hunt on rare brands.

I guess thats why I felt the urge to purchase quite o few of the Esoterica blends at the BM store when I saw them.

However it also shows that as a beginner with minimal experience to the many varieties, I can get lost in the legends and the hype whether they be deserved or not.

Either way it is still a fun thing to chase down some that I hear about.

It's also infinitely cheaper than chasing women...and sometimes in the end I am finding a good tobacco is worth more than the hassle of the former :oops:

SpookedPiper

Lifer
Sep 9, 2019
East coast
I agree that the hunt is fun and there are plenty of other blends that rock!

The esotericas are special and worth it for some to chase them down. I haven't found similar replacement to Dorchester or Dunbar for instance, thankfully they are easier to find for now.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Because I am a true humanitarian I will sell bags of 2012 bags for 1600.00 each. I figure 200 a year is a nice round number and sure to make some eyes bleed out there.

First come first serve of course, unless I like you and you get to the head of the line. If I don't like you add 100.00 more per bag.

By the way if someone were to really pay that price I would not hesitate to sell, after all I am an American whore when capitalism is involved. Oh yeah, shipping isn't free, you pay the freight plus 30 points for my trouble.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Because I am a true humanitarian I will sell bags of 2012 bags for 1600.00 each. I figure 200 a year is a nice round number and sure to make some eyes bleed out there.

First come first serve of course, unless I like you and you get to the head of the line. If I don't like you add 100.00 more per bag.

By the way if someone were to really pay that price I would not hesitate to sell, after all I am an American whore when capitalism is involved. Oh yeah, shipping isn't free, you pay the freight plus 30 points for my trouble.
I get tired of these durn bargain sellers!!!!! cray :LOL:

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.