PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Beowoulf

Can't Leave
Oct 16, 2022
Does your smoking life have to take place in one or two spots? Or do you have full reign and smoke any old place you feel like it?
For me, I am exiled to my office in the basement, and sometimes even that is iffy. It gets kinda lonely down here smoking by myself. My computer is here, so at least I have access to this forum and piping videos on You Tube. I live in Canada and for many months, outdoors is just too cold.

Last edited:

OverMountain

Lifer
Dec 5, 2021
Western Caccalack Hinterlands
In your mom’s bed.
In America this is fine for adolescents but one of my surprises from growing up is that if you say this in certain other countries, the man you’ve insulted’s grandson would still be looking for your grandson to cut their throat in 50 years. That is if it’s not handled swiftly. I saw a certain well known (and truly beloved) ethnic group cut the neck of someone who made a similar faux pas. Fun times abroad!

Anyways, I smoke out back 😆.

blackpowderpiper

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 19, 2018
Middle Tennessee
During warmer months I like to smoke outside on either my front or back porch. During colder months, I smoke in my comfortable recliner in my living room. When my daughter is home, I retreat to the comfortable club chair in my office/library. Having cast off the yoke of married life, I pretty much smoke where I please.

Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
In America this is fine for adolescents but one of my surprises from growing up is that if you say this in certain other countries, the man you’ve insulted’s grandson would still be looking for your grandson to cut their throat in 50 years. That is if it’s not handled swiftly. I saw a certain well known (and truly beloved) ethnic group cut the neck of someone who made a similar faux pas. Fun times abroad!

Anyways, I smoke out back 😆.

Yikes. Honor cultures are no fun!

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I'm on the back porch most days. When It's REALLY cold, I'll hide in the garage with a small space heater. No tent this go around lol. When we buy/build our next home, since the wife still won't let me smoke inside, we have compromised on an enclosed back porch for me to smoke. And I'm ok with that.