Where Do You Suggest I Go From Here? Pipes 3, 4, 5, 6 ?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

24 Fresh Rossi Pipes
4 Fresh Scott Thile Pipes
6 Fresh Castello Pipes
108 Fresh Brulor Pipes
12 Fresh Mark Tinsky Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Cap’n Embers sir? I be wantin one a your pipes sir. Iffin’ ya take a mind ta sellin’ one, Cap’n sir, please remember your loyal and faithful powder monkey. Aye!
Still working on a 31 day yachtsman set myself.? The one pictured above doesn't count as it's a GBD (Irwin's) and not a Savinelli. Most of mine are sub $30 estate cleanups too.?

Humblepipe

Lifer
Sep 13, 2019
Guerneville, CA
I'm with 'chasingembers'... If you are not opposed to a little work... estate pipes are the best way to go IMO. I mostly use EBeast. I buy whatever looks good (always researching a bit before pulling the trigger). I restore the pipe and try it out. I've done this over the last year or so with 60-70 pipes. I thin the herd perpetually re-listing pipes that are not keeping up with the herd (totally subjective). I make enough profit to keep this madness going. Actually, I find it to be very enjoyable.

This process has allowed me to put me hands on a whole bunch of pipes. I've got to know the anatomy of pipes, what makes them tick. I have also had the opportunity of trying many different makers and shapes. My taste in pipes has evolved quite a bit in the short time I've been at it. I also have scored some great deals on some top-shelf pipes (Castello, Tilshead, Blatter, Sasieni, etc.). And yes, I have purchased a couple of turds too. Net result has been excellent though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.