PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
hobie1dog,

I play guitar, piano, banjo (5 string and tenor)and bass. I tell people that I play from Bach to rock. A bunch of us geezers get together a couple of times a month in the drummer's basement to play classic rock but I really prefer to play smooth jazz.

I recenty did a couple of gigs with a local group that does a "Rat Pack" thing. Lots of Sinatra and that genre. I play through a guitar synth so I can do the horn parts and other effects for those songs. A lot of fun.

recurl

Lurker
Aug 14, 2010
Raised in Southeast Texas and now live in Conroe Texas. I drive into Houston everyday for work. I work for one them BAD Oil Co. I like making the pipe I smoke.

briarbrian

Lurker
Mar 26, 2010
Fort Gratiot MI
Im from Port Huron Michigan actually Fort Gratiot is the city but it has kind of become Port Huron with all the major stores up here in my part of town. Killed the dowtown area of Port Huron but it seems to be coming back a little bit now.

classicgeek

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 8, 2010
I live just outside of Victoria, British Columbia, Canada. It's just slightly drier than the west coast rainforest just an hour's drive west, but not much. We don't get much winter, just a long rainy season, an on and off spring and a dry summer. There's only a short season for outdoor pipes, the rest of the year is in the garage.
When we get winter, here's what it looks like off the deck:

4906174355_694ac09c3e.jpg

And the same in the summer:

4906174251_8b9b4890cd.jpg

Simon

chuckw

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2009
I was born in Echo Park (Los Angeles), Ca. and now live about 8 miles south of the Virginia border on US 17 in a little village named South Mills in N.C.

pens87

Lurker
Jul 24, 2010
Sunny, well sort of, Central New York for me. Ok, we deal with our share of the snow but when you get past that, its a great place to live. Close to lakes and rivers make for good fishing; hiking and skiing just a short drive away. Just about the best time of the year coming up now with the apples out and leaves changing soon.

ivan08

Might Stick Around
Sep 2, 2010
Hi! Salutes~! Im Iván (new on the forum and the web site) -29 years old- accountant and musician. I live in San Juan(Puerto Rico)- start pipe smoking in 2009 after reading a book about pipes in Borders! that book awake the curiosity. Before that i was on occasionally cigar smoking-(Dominican and Local Cigars mostly) Right now preparing for taking the CPA exam and playing electric guitar on a local Heavy Metal band in the underground metal scene here in the island. Is a small island but i love it, have great beaches, forests, history, etc. I will upload some pics later.. Another hobbies are: surfing, scuba diving, skydiving, motorcycles, etc. The weather here is awesome for outdoor sports except of the hurricanes... September is the worst month of Hurricane season, we are now on the most active part of the season. Last monday we have the visit of Earl Hurricane, a strong one.. :(
Well have a great weekend! take care!

excav8tor

Can't Leave
Aug 28, 2010
South Devon, England
I live in a little village (pop. 250) in the South Hams, a small district within the county of Devon in England. Having been born and brought up on the outskirts of London it is the complete opposite of a capital city. We have a church and a 16th C pub in the village and that is it. Our bus service is limited to once a week and the nearest shop is 2 miles away. I own a little fishing boat which I moor on a tidal estuary some 15 minutes walk away. For me there is no better place on Earth to be and I feel fortunate that I live here.

chlogeo3

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 27, 2010
Great photos you guys! How does one put photos of their own on this thread?

dudleydipstick

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2009
A one-horse town in Indiana near Louisville, Kentucky.
Moving to Missouri is my personal "California Dreamin'".

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Chlogeo3 asks
How does one put photos of their own on this thread?

The easiest way is to open a free account at Photobucket. You can upload your pix there and paste their URL's here directly

-- without using the mark-up buttons found above the REPLY edit box.
There's also a sticky thread with instructions to help you.

strongirish

Can't Leave
Aug 20, 2010
Lake Conroe, TX
I live on a lake north of Houston, Texas called Lake Conroe. The nearest town is Willis Texas. I live on the water, even have my own pier on the lake. I spend a lot of time looking out at the lake smoking my pipe from my back deck or porch. Sometimes I will drop a line and catch fish for dinner.
I see too others near me, Igloo and recurl! Don't see many other pipers, would ya'll be interested in meeting up for a smoke sometime?

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Born and raised in a small Italian immigrant town called Niles in Ohio. From there I moved to Kent, Ohio for university and from there to Cleveland, Ohio. Ohio is a beautiful state. We have an equal measure of all 4 seasons and the forests are beautiful. I always lived in the upper more populated metro areas of Ohio, but once you drive about 2 or 3 hrs south it is all farm land and forests. A very beautiful state indeed. From there I moved to Nova Scotia Canada. Why the move? lets sit down some time to smoke a bowl and I will tell you eh? This place is like no other. People are very courteous, hard working, and super laid back. I have the Ocean in my back yard, mountains are not far, a lake every 5 feet and very beautiful forests. I could stand a little less winter and moisture in general and the place is a little too isolated, but I do like it here.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
I live on a lake north of Houston, Texas called Lake Conroe. The nearest town is Willis Texas. I live on the water, even have my own pier on the lake. I spend a lot of time looking out at the lake smoking my pipe from my back deck or porch. Sometimes I will drop a line and catch fish for dinner.
You are my hero....been trying to get to live on a lake for 40 years now, and haven't made it yet. Got a picture of the view from the back deck?

ernest

Can't Leave
Aug 31, 2010
Latitude 43.6535 --- Longitude 79.3816667 Thats the hospital I was born in.

funn

Lurker
Jul 28, 2010
Born and raised in Prince Frederick, Md. right on the Chesapeake Bay. Came to Baltimore to attend college and never left.

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Originally from Easton PA not too far from papipeguy. Spent alot of summers on the Jersey shore usually Wildwood or below. Now in Vegas and loving it. Got tired of the snow and cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.