When You Say "cellar" do you mean Cellar?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

fordm60

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 19, 2014
Currently I have two cupboards in the kitchen as my cellar. But I am trying to find a US Army field desk to convert into my little cellar. They are wood, and extremely mobile! In my mind once I find one all I need to do is sand it down, repaint, and bam my new cellar that I can pack up and move in less than 5 minutes is ready. They are not huge, but big enough! Anyway my two cents.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
So far, it's just jars on a bookshelf in the den - but we've priced out an actual cabinet with doors at IKEA that we'll probably pick up in a few months, once we pay off the last round of vet bills (had a health scare with one of the cats that required ultrasounds, an overnight at the emergency vet, and several medications).
And we're also on the lookout for a new place, ideally with either a room that I can isolate as a man-cave or with space in the back for a shed/man-cave, in which I can cellar and smoke as much tobacco as I like. :D

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Ever have one of those moments that make you stunned by your own stupidity? After reading this thread, I began the search for a place to store my tobacco. I searched Amazon then craigslist. Eventually I found myself searching for a chest or cabinet. Space is at a premium so I searched for a piece of furnature that would serve dual purposes.... Like a coffee table with storage inside!!! It was then that it occured to me.... This photo I've posted a few times, my ottoman/coffee table is also a storage container with nothing inside :puffy: I not smart

Here we go, room for a couple hundred pounds literally underneath my nose.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
:rofl:

Ladies and gentleman, a heretofore unknown side effect of PAD. Not seeing the forest for the trees. Also known as the PAD effect, and Nate is patient zero! RUN!

:rofl:

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
It seems I always end up with some sorta disorder that results in people running from me. I'm starting to take it personally

puffdoggie

Can't Leave
Dec 14, 2013
There are sellers and cellars. 8) My bakky cellar is 4 cardboard boxes on a set of utility shelves in our small third bedroom that serves as an office, fly tying room and man cave. Each box can hold 42 100 gram tins and 16 50 gram tins, for a total of 58 round tins per box, with almost no wasted space. There are 6 stacks of 100 gram tins with the two stacks of smaller 50 gram tins fitting in the spaces in the middle of the box between the 100 gram stacks. The tins are the flat metal tins, not the taller C&D/Sutliff/McClelland type tins. Works like a charm.
:puffy:

aquilas

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2013
Mine used to be either just boxes stored beside our piano or anything that was stored on top of the piano. lol.
But a few weeks ago, my brother and I picked up this cabinet, so now I have something a bit more formal to call my cellar.
nxabbfi.jpg

darthcider

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 24, 2014
Wales
My cellar is the bottom shelf of my wardrobe, stuff I am using is on the bookshelf in the sitting room.

jeffboyrd

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 31, 2012
I converted a handmade, book cabinet my great-grandfather created at the turn of the century. I inherited the cabinet from my grandmother about 15 years ago and always used it as a bookshelf and for miscellaneous storage. One day I got the bright idea to convert it in to my "cellar" and I have used it as such for the last 3-4 years. These pictures were taken not long after I completed the conversion and my current tobacco and pipe collection has nearly outgrown the size of the cabinet. If anyone is interested, i can post more current pics.
img_0833-448x600.jpg

img_0834-448x600.jpg

img_0836-600x448.jpg

img_0837-600x448.jpg

img_0838-600x448.jpg

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
My cellar is a tall clothing dresser but the drawers are now stuffed full. I am contemplating its replacement.

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
Here was a shot of Peck's last shipment before he found out about tinned tobacco and cellaring.
14web.jpg

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Okay, Nate's not alone with his condition. I have one of my dad's old, large gun cabinets.....duh :oops:

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Wow Jeff that's awesome!!! A beautiful cabinet with sentimental value. Doesn't get better than that!!
This Peck guy must be pretty serious to catch so much heat around here!! :wink:

jeffboyrd

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 31, 2012
Thanks, iamn8. The cabinet and what's in it mean a lot to me and will hopefully mean something to my son one day.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Jeff, I can't imagine there's a son on the planet who wouldn't wish they had a beloved object once cherished by their Dad. I've occumulated heirloom stuff like a rolex, DuPont lighter, and such objects, but I completely forgot to have kids. Sad.

planetary

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 4, 2012
SF Bay Area
6 (or is it 8, now?) super-sized rubbermaid containers full of tins -- a couple hundred tins, each. Plus a shelf of jars and things.
I envy those of you with proper furnishings and a proper lounge. Not only for the civilized storage, but because it (probably) means you can smoke indoors!

Status
Not open for further replies.