PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bassbug

Lifer
Dec 29, 2016
Some want a birth year Dunhill. I want a birth year Chev Bel Air or a T Bird, so if anyone has a spare $50K, I'd really appreciate it :)
Yup...1957

slowroll

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 25, 2017
After years and cars, What I'd really like is this. Grumman Wildcat. Sure would make boring holes in the sky fun!
Screenshot_20180628-114016.jpg

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
"flathead" -- wyfb', I swear to God you just Crack. Me. Up. some days.....
As far as cars, I'm too lazy to post a pic now, but I just want my old '66 Goat back. -sigh- It'd *accept* Amoco white gas, but what it really wanted was good old Sunoco 260. Damn thing'd pass anything on the road but a gas station. Wouldn't mind having my '63 T'bird back either. Thing had the strongest mill Ford made, other than the 406 & Police Interceptor. 4200 lbs of pure lead-sled, but would haul like anything.

akfilm

Can't Leave
Mar 2, 2016
Pipe white whale is now a Dunhill Christmas Pipe 1985
00400231071-vi.jpg

Car is definetly a 4 door 1967 Chevy Impala with a big block, I already found the engine and rebuilt it, so now to find the car, lol.
67Impala-vi.jpg

akfilm

Can't Leave
Mar 2, 2016
Impala a la Supernatural? They have a 327 on theirs.
Nine impalas on the show, the main hero car, or Hero 1, has a 502 BBC pushing 550 HP and is also the only one with factory AC.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
That is actually funny. It is likely the first time that the 'real' car (bb 502) is bigger than the car represented (327).
All good though. Hope you find one to put your engine in!

lifesizehobbit

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2015
I'm fortunate enough to have acquired my "white whales" at an earlier age. Couldn't have done it without my wife, and of course there have been sacrifices that other people may not understand.
So I have my 55 Belair Sedan, my wife's 55.1 Chevrolet 3100 pickup, my Dunhill, my Taylor guitar and my Nikon. I am a person of my hobbies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The pipes I crave are the ones I have, but that could change. I have quite a few, so I really enjoy rediscovering each one in turn. Some of the factory pipes are old enough to be distinctive in their own rights.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
A few years ago, I was mesmerized by a Deusenberg at a local car auction. It wasn't for sale, just to draw car fanciers. A car dealer was auctioning off hundreds of cars from his collection, amazing investment. The Deusy was impeccable, and I spent a long time oogling at its spare but gorgeous interior, its bench sea and beautiful dials, gauges, and levers. But when I got back to my ordinary little four-banger sedan, I realized how extravagantly comfortable it was by comparison. No Deusy but far more aware of the configuration of the human anatomy, not to mention safety.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Pipe wise my white whale is now a Walt Cannoy dark stained suede blast Lovat. I've seen a few with really cool white stems. Didn't have the money for them at the time. Now I do and I can't find them anywhere.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
A little smaller than a whale but:
A week of tarpon on fly!!!
http://www.tarponcaye.com/fishing/fly-fishing-packages/
getImage.gif

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
My first car was a '79 Camaro Z28 I bought from my First Sergeant in the Army. Lots of fun, that was. That began my love/hate relationship with 4 wheeled vehicles. Ten years later, I re-realized my teenage dream of being on 2 wheels.
I love my Honda Valkyrie but I wish to some day put together an old 70's style "chopper".
I was inspired by a web guy called Cycle Psycho, who built an XS650 chopper for about 2 grand.
xs650.jpg

He even has a decent chronology of the process on his site:
SITE LINK
I have a pile of parts in the garage, including the motor, frame, wheels and forks. I just need to gather the knowledge, time, money and confidence to get into it. I could really use a crusty ol' school mentor, to be honest.
Well, I have another Lotto ticket for tonight, so we'll see... :puffy:
jay-roger.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.