PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Title edited. Quotes around the word "tobacco" (removed the word) suggest the wacky side, which is verboten in the forum. In fact, I suggest you change your handle before Kevin sees it.

Just wondering what tobacco people light up for their first bowl of the day.
Tobacco people? I’m usually called a pipe smoker. Are you suggesting that you’re not?

Reactions: HRPufnstuf
Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
I found a new one. Samual Gawith Skiff Mixture
One of my go to blends in the morning is SG Skiff Mixture. I find it to be very similiar to Dunhill Early Morning Pipe, which is also another one of my go to blends in the morning. If I'm not smoking either of those then I'll go with Peter Stokkebye Balkan Supreme, and occassionaly either Lane 1Q or Captain Black.

MidTNPiper

Might Stick Around
Jul 6, 2023
Nashville, TN
Cant beat Peterson Standard Mixture with a dark roast coffee. When Im out of that, Ill typically reach for Granger or Sir Walter…but it’s not as good in my opinion; there’s something about that specific english mixture w/ coffee to my taste buds.

vosBghos

Lifer
May 7, 2022
Idaho
One of my go to blends in the morning is SG Skiff Mixture. I find it to be very similiar to Dunhill Early Morning Pipe, which is also another one of my go to blends in the morning. If I'm not smoking either of those then I'll go with Peter Stokkebye Balkan Supreme, and occassionaly either Lane 1Q or Captain Black.
More on the Skiff Mixture side than the Early Morning Pipe Side would be Ahston's Consummate Gentleman if you are looking for even more variety.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Title edited. Quotes around the word "tobacco" (removed the word) suggest the wacky side, which is verboten in the forum. In fact, I suggest you change your handle before Kevin sees it.

Just wondering what tobacco people light up for their first bowl of the day.
Whatever the hell I have open.

Skippy B. Coyote

Can't Leave
Jun 19, 2023
St. Paul, MN
It varies a little for me, but lately it's been either Peterson Early Morning Pipe or Super Value Bourbon Whiskey. In the mornings I want something with a lot of flavor and a nicotine content somewhere between mild and medium. It's got to be easy to pack (I don't want to rub out flakes when I'm half awake) and not bite or turn harsh if over puffed, since I'm not always the best about keeping my cadence slow when I'm just trying to wake up and start my day, and those two seem to tick all the boxes for me.

Last edited:

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Usually burley in a cob, Current morning rotation includes HH Burley Flake, Milan KCM, Golden Extra, Lane RR (discontinued, but I have two tubs besides the open one) and either Amphora Original or Burley.

Reactions: Tate