PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Skippy B. Coyote

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 19, 2023
St. Paul, MN
If you're looking for Virginia, rum, and licorice flavors I'd highly recommend giving Gawith Hoggarth's Jamaican Flake (previously known as Rum Flake) a try. That's it's flavor profile in a nutshell. Just smoke it slowly the first couple times you try it, since opinions vary on it's nicotine content but it had a butt kickingly high amount of vitamin N to me.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I've also heard good things about:

1. McClelland - Matured Virginia: Navy Cavendish
  2. Salty Dogs
  3. Blockade Runner (c&d)
  4. Capstan (blue?)
  5. Jupiter (though not a Navy)
honestly I kind of found Capstan to be one of the dullest and most boring tobaccos I've smoked. Gave away the one tin of it I've ever had. My honest first thought after smoking a few bowls of it was "they're so lucky Tolkien loved this stuff, otherwise it be another forgotten blend". Just my opinion but before trying it I didn't know I could be bored by a pipe tobacco.

Annaresti Red

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 20, 2021
Concord, CA
www.tobaccoreviews.com
Hello;

I am going to buy a Windjammer and Salty Dogs, but if anyone has a few bowls of Macbarren, SG Navy, and/or anything else mentioned, please send me a pm. Like 10 grams or less, in case i don't like it. Happy to reimburse shipping costs, I also make little trinkets in thanks (magnets and such) for fellow pipers.

Reactions: jbfrady and kcghost

john19

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 27, 2021
Greece
I have a question for everyone. Peterson De Luxe Navy Rolls is a Navy blend? Or the name "Navy" in the tin used for marketing reasons?

Also, what exactly is "Navy" blend? Because everyone is confused about it.

Reactions: Annaresti Red