PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

checotah

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2012
I thought I'd responded to this, but must have been another, similar thread.
Anyway, FMOTT, followed by FM (original), then FMOTB. Have Cellar in the cellar...and just got FMATP. Will likely try the FMATP next.

phil22

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 19, 2013
I really like them all, some more at differing times of the day.

werdna

Can't Leave
Jun 6, 2013
I've only tried FM, and FMOTB, original is my favorite so far. A really flavorful line of tobacco. I'll be ordering ALL the other frogs soon.

hunterwold1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2012
'Cellar' is my "go to" right now. In fact I just finished a bowl in my Butz-Choquin Churchwarden on my patio. I have tried all of the other froggies and regular FM would be my next favourite.

politicalmonster

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 1, 2012
Really like FMOTB and FMC, but I guess I don't have enough of a discerning palate to pick up much difference between the two.

I tried one one night, and then one the next night, and they still taste and smell almost identical to me.

But both are great, so no harm, no foul.

-PM

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
I love all of the Frog Morton blends but I think Cellar is the crown jewel of the bunch. :)

jfox520

May 24, 2013
I guess that I am going to have to pick up at least one of them on my next order.

briarbox

Lurker
Dec 20, 2013
Frog Morton Cellar is currently my favorite pipe tobacco. I haven't tried the rest of the line but I would love to. Plus I'm a Tolkien fan and love that it's named after a town from his work just outside of the Shire! It's a beauty.

johnparker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2013
Have a tin of Frog Morton (regular) and love it. Had a sample of In The Cellar; thought it was weak with an artificial whiskey taste. Had a sample of On The Town; nice, but like Tashkent a lot more. Will be replacing the Frog Morton (regular); enjoyable smoke with great taste!

tedswearingen

Can't Leave
Sep 14, 2010
Longs, South Carolina
I can't believe that Across the Pond is getting like no love here. The Syrian Latakia component in this one makes it the most balanced and interesting of the series, in my humble opinion.

redbeard

Jan 2, 2013
Ive only tried on the bayou, not too impressed with it. It's good and all but just not so good I would need to stock my cellar with it. It's all a matter of opinion of course

bulldogbriar

Lurker
Dec 16, 2013
I have tried regular frog morton, frog morton cellar, and frog morton on the town, and I loved them all but cellar was my favorite with on the town close second and the original 3ed

jthomas04

Might Stick Around
Oct 15, 2013
I've tryed them all, On the Bayou is probably my favorite. I don't smoke it all that often, but always have a tin or two on hand.

tamer291

Can't Leave
Jun 26, 2013
I've only tried Frog Morton regular and Frog Morton Cellar. Both are fantastic but the Cellar is by far one of my favorites. Easily an all day smoke.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
After researching some reviews on the ‘Frog Morton’ line of tobacco and its positive reviews I decided to purchase the sample pack from Pipes & Cigars. I’m certainly not a veteran pipe smoker, and rather new to it after my failed attempts at doing so some 35 years ago. I just received the 5 can sample pack today and decided to first try the “Frog Morton’ to try something other than aromatics.
Obviously, the first thing one does is to give it a whiff and I’ll honestly have to say that it (Frog Morton) was one of the most obnoxious smells I’ve encountered! Well, certainly not the worse after smelling some of the things I encountered thanks to Uncle Sam back in 1966 – ’67, but pretty freaking bad! Anyway, seeing all the positive reviews on this blend I simply figured that there was no possible way on earth that it could conceivably taste as horrible it smells. However, much to my dismay and disappointment… it did! I’ll admit that it smoked quite smooth, but after smoking a bowl full I immediately had to rinse out my mouth with mouth wash to try and get rid of the disgusting taste. It smelled like rotten tree bark mixed with compost, and regretfully, tasted like it.
Maybe this particular blend is an acquired taste, but I’ve never understood that term. Years ago my uncle would drink Scotch, and said it was an ‘acquired taste’. To me, if you don’t care for something, then why on earth continue with it? Personally, I hate fried liver and would rather shave my head with a cheese grater, chew on aluminum foil while sliding down an asphalt roof bare naked all at the same time rather than place a fork full of liver into my mouth. But… that’s just me, my taste and I’m much too old of a dog to try and change it.
Anyway, I opened up the can of FMOTT and it smelled exactly the same way, albeit not quite as pungent as FM so I’m not holding up much up for that either. I still have unopened 50g tins of FMOTB, FMATB, and FMC. I’ll certainly give them all a try seeing that I spent the money on them, but if they are at all anything whatsoever like FM… FORGET it! ;)

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
I've only tried the Original so far, but I like it. Then again, I've come to love Latakia, so that's no surprise. I was a little startled to find it so robust after hearing so many people describe it as a "crossover" blend, but perhaps my sense of such things has been addled by my love of Black House and House of Lords... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.