PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Feb 12, 2022
North Georgia mountains.
Title edited. Caps! -jpm

Stole this post from the other forum, but thought it was fun so thought I'd try it here.
What's your favorite coffee mug?

I have 3. Two are handmade by a local potter. 1 is a trusty ole mug with a map of jekyll Island that I've had for a couple decades. And the 2 smaller glass ones I use for espresso shots. IMG_20220418_150010.jpgIMG_20220418_150101.jpgIMG_20220418_150630.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have two favorites and a brand new one. My current and longtime favorite is a thick ceramic trucker's mug with a big thick handle that insulates the beverage nicely, emblazoned with the 75th anniversary of a local cafeteria. I give my wife the twin that celebrates the 85th anniversary. Alas, that K&W Cafeteria went out of business because of the Covid pandemic, and we may never see its like again.

My second favorite was my old one from work, without the wonderful thick ceramics, that said "Support U.S. Savings Bonds" and had a waving American flag on the front, and then when you turned it over when washing it, it said "Made In China." I'm sorry, but I found it hilarious.

The new one has thin little walls and is black in color and says "Foreign Affairs" on the front in gray-blue lettering. Elegant looking, but not so good at insulation. "Foreign Affairs" is the publication dealing with foreign policy, my way of trying to see past the pie fight that passes for international news.

Zack Miller

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 13, 2020
Fort Worth, Texas
I have two favorites and a brand new one. My current and longtime favorite is a thick ceramic trucker's mug with a big thick handle that insulates the beverage nicely, emblazoned with the 75th anniversary of a local cafeteria. I give my wife the twin that celebrates the 85th anniversary. Alas, that K&W Cafeteria went out of business because of the Covid pandemic, and we may never see its like again.

My second favorite was my old one from work, without the wonderful thick ceramics, that said "Support U.S. Savings Bonds" and had a waving American flag on the front, and then when you turned it over when washing it, it said "Made In China." I'm sorry, but I found it hilarious.

The new one has thin little walls and is black in color and says "Foreign Affairs" on the front in gray-blue lettering. Elegant looking, but not so good at insulation. "Foreign Affairs" is the publication dealing with foreign policy, my way of trying to see past the pie fight that passes for international news.
I thought Foreign Affairs would refer to your having a relationship with some babe from another country.