PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
My biggest beefs with Starbucks are that they claim they started big "coffee awareness", but that is due to Alfred Peet. And while true on a national scale, they switched to mostly fru-fru drinks- loaded with sugars and syrups. They are in the same league as hamburger joints in the fattening of Americans, and Europeans!

Buckeyestime

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 1, 2023
Stuck between WI and IL
I have a few mugs with back stories and personal meaning, but 90% of the time I use my metal travel cup as I hate cold or luke warm coffee and tea (iced excluded). It’s a little strange to sit in my family room with a traveler cup, but darn if it isn’t piping hot.

Reactions: bangzoom

bangzoom

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 25, 2023
North of the Equator
I have a few mugs with back stories and personal meaning, but 90% of the time I use my metal travel cup as I hate cold or luke warm coffee and tea (iced excluded). It’s a little strange to sit in my family room with a traveler cup, but darn if it isn’t piping hot.
I hear ya...my go to travel mug is the Carter...keeps coffee hot for 8 hours+..

Attachments

• IMG_20231219_145730398.jpg
    IMG_20231219_145730398.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: pipenschmoeker123

sham

(theSHAMOO)
May 20, 2022
Charlotte, NC
I like starbucks for what it is. I only occasionally give them my money due to price. But I have to admit, for how fast they have exploded and how many locations they have, they are impressively okay. If they arent #1 for brick and mortar locations, then they are only behind McDonalds & subway. Those 2 have some serious sanitation and staffing issues, and questionable quality.

Starbucks is also quick to push innovative items onto their menu. Think shaken espresso and sweet cold foams. Sure it might not have originated in their shop, but nobody heard of the items until starbucks put them on the map

i digress

anantaandroscoggin

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2017
Greene, Maine, USA
We seem to be accumulating an enlarging population of "Aroma Joe's" here in Androscoggin County. I have yet to give them a try.

Last time I visited a Dunkin Donuts after they shortened their name, it seems they've also shortened their product lineup. The donut case appeared to hold an assortment from the local grocery store. The clerk didn't know what a "coffee regular" was, and put 3 sugars and 3 creamers in the cup. That's one chain I won't be revisiting again this millennium.