PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
When and if I ever befriend a codger I'll do my best to to talk to him about what he smokes. But I can't say I know a codger, nor do I know a codger's identifying marks nor where they hangout. That is to say, codgers haver never been on my adar. So were you to put me in a room of them I still wouldn't know a codger from baboon's bald butt. I suppose I could make a note of the blends they smoke, but smoking indoors is vastly disallowed. I confess I am all out of answers
being a codger might be like being a sucker. You know if you don't know who the sucker at the table is maybe you are the sucker. So if being a codger is the same way maybe you are a codger. I am not saying you are but maybe talk to your doctor about it. And if he says you are just list your favorite blend.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I can't say it appeals to know that I may be a surreptitious codger. The last unwelcome news was that I was diagnosed with the Fungus Hummungous. Had to get treated by a one-legged Chinese alternate herbalist smoking a churchwarden. He examined me and prescribed, which I never had filled as it entailed a trip to the Underground Downtown where you could meet various unsavory types who quite usually were not entirely on the up and up.

Alex.Jr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 30, 2020
I can’t wait to try the PS cube cut, I have some in the mail. Great choice on the Edgeworth match!
It’s becoming my favorite light burley. A wonderful light cocoa flavor while maintaining the tobacco taste. This could be a perfect all day smoke.

Reactions: bullet08 and edger

burleybreath

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2019
Finger Lakes area, New York, USA
Amphora Full aroma. I still can't believe how good and enjoyable it is, although I don't remember liking it 40 years ago.
Hmm...this intrigues me, for some reason. Memories are stirred. I vaguely remember a brief mention somewhere that the actor, William Conrad, smoked this in his numerous Charatans. Kinda hazy--don't quote me. I liked the other Amphoras and Sails, back in the day, so maybe I'll give it a shot. ?

Reactions: bullet08
I am smoking a pouch of SWR now. It was an impulse buy at a gas station I had never been in before. It's ok. I think I like it better than most of the other codger blends I've tried. But, I would hate it if this was all I had to smoke.
Why aren't any of these codger blends non-aromatics? Wouldn't it be nice to have at least one flake or at least something without that cheap-assed tasting topping all of these things get?

I think so, but they just don't seem "codgery" to me in their current form, aside from coming in a pouch.
Those Europeans have much better quality Codger blends to choose from. A forum member here sent me a few codgers bought at a chemist in England, or was it Wales? Anyways, they had one that was a straight up Virginia. Pissed me off that those British old men get a much better selection than we do. All we get is piss poor burleys slopped in nasty sugar water. They get Amphora and they even get things like Condor. FML, instead of embracing these nasty shit codger blends, we should be ransacking the shelves and demanding better quality tobaccos in our pouches. BURN Prince Albert in effigy!!! WTF, we even name our Codger blends after a bunch of Royal Poofters.

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
Those Europeans have much better quality Codger blends to choose from. A forum member here sent me a few codgers bought at a chemist in England, or was it Wales? Anyways, they had one that was a straight up Virginia. Pissed me off that those British old men get a much better selection than we do. All we get is piss poor burleys slopped in nasty sugar water. They get Amphora and they even get things like Condor. FML, instead of embracing these nasty shit codger blends, we should be ransacking the shelves and demanding better quality tobaccos in our pouches. BURN Prince Albert in effigy!!! WTF, we even name our Codger blends after a bunch of Royal Poofters.
I love how you've asked for no offense to be taken! ?

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Yeah, we do get quite a bit of similarly priced selections via CD, PS, Newminster, Sutliff, etc. though so it's not all bad.

Still would love to try condor someday, just not enough to seek it out overseas with shipping and what not.

Reactions: cosmicfolklore
Status
Not open for further replies.