PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mtlpiper

Can't Leave
Nov 30, 2019
Montreal, QC
@Jacob74 I've only smoked twist once when @condorlover1 sent me a sample to try in my clay pipes. I found it a bit damp and difficult to light!
Cannot recommend Revor Plug or Bosum Plug highly enough for that sort of thing. You shouldn't find them damp. Fantastic smokes which I miss the hell out of.

Not sure if they qualify for a 'codger' definition... but they'd be my picks.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Cannot recommend Revor Plug or Bosum Plug highly enough for that sort of thing. You shouldn't find them damp. Fantastic smokes which I miss the hell out of.

Not sure if they qualify for a 'codger' definition... but they'd be my picks.
@Mtlpiper Never smoked plug either, but I've smoked a few different Gawith flakes in my clay pipes; I think these are very well suited to clay pipe smoking!

Scottishgaucho

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2020
Buenos Aires Province.
Condor....I just love ghosting my briars with it. Sadly it's impossible to get here. I have one unopened pouch left which will no doubt be opened next time I imbibe too much whisky.
After managing to hold on to it for several months I finally opened my last pouch of Condor...without imbibing in too much whisky sadly.

20210710-182533.jpg

Scottishgaucho

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2020
Buenos Aires Province.
@Scottishgaucho I've lost count of how many packets of Condor I've smoked in my clay pipes; never detected any ghosting of my clay pipes though:)
Can't say I've noticed any Condor ghosting no matter which type of pipe I smoke it in. I do think it gets exaggerated....then again I would say that as I like it. :)

jeffro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2017
I like Mixture 79 once in a while my Grandfather smoked that one, And sometimes for old times sake I smoke Captain Black or Borkum Riff. These where two of my Fathers favorites if he could get his hands on it. He hated to go shopping so my mother usually bought him tubs of Cater hall or Edgeworth. those where his day to day tobaccos.
I have tried them both but I do not like them very much.

Jim Sobie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 13, 2021
Allen Park, Michigan
I've tried most of the more popular codger blends, can't rightly say which leads the pack. PA is fine and readily available. CH I smoked like mad for a while. SWR is good in theory but half the pouches I've bought were really old and dried out, and dry SWR burns like a grassfire. Didn't care for H&H.

Right now I'm enjoying my new can of Granger, and I've got a pound of Sutliff Edgeworth RR Match on the way...

M

MARC52

I've tried most of the more popular codger blends, can't rightly say which leads the pack. PA is fine and readily available. CH I smoked like mad for a while. SWR is good in theory but half the pouches I've bought were really old and dried out, and dry SWR burns like a grassfire. Didn't care for H&H.

Right now I'm enjoying my new can of Granger, and I've got a pound of Sutliff Edgeworth RR Match on the way...
SWR pouches are dried, tasteless crap, buy the can for a totally different SWR smoking experience. There's a world of difference between the two, the cans are always fresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.